Summer is without a doubt on the back porch, and I mean the season, not the girl...folks. :) It is so amazing how we are ready for summer when it is near. I love the winter, probably more than most, but I am ready for a change.
The sun is up longer, kids are out playing, laughing, screaming, racing, skipping, it's a breath of fresh air. And to start off this little photo stream I believe this is one of the best pictures to get us a feel for summer. Priceless. I love this picture.
The sun is up longer, kids are out playing, laughing, screaming, racing, skipping, it's a breath of fresh air. And to start off this little photo stream I believe this is one of the best pictures to get us a feel for summer. Priceless. I love this picture.
We got our Happy Hollow passes and went for the first time last week. We went with the Macdonalds and VanTuyls because there is nothing better than going with friends.
My beautiful garden! This is definitely saying summer is so close!!! My dad is so proud we've kept this garden alive. I say we because we all take turns watering it.
Georgia has taken over feeding the boy. Every morning she asks in her little voice, "can I feed William."
I love Costco. The melons, the tortilla chips the carrots, the oranges...it all says summer. Very much summer foods. :)
After loading up the groceries, Summer said, "mommy, I strapped baby in, me don't sit there anymore." Okay, "me"...we'll see about that.
It's a whole new generation of Jedi Masters in this house. We haven't had light sabers in the house for a while now. But, make no mistake we do now, thanks to the thrift store.
Kalen is filling out the required paperwork to go to Zions Camp. It's the boys camp through church that they go to every summer until they are 18. Camp kick off was tonight at church. They prepare for this camp months in advance. Fun times ahead for sure. And they asked my husband to attend with the first levels. So the official leaders for level one are my husband, Kirk Klippel and Matt Stepan.
The other morning Kirk asked Shane, "why are your animals in jail?" Shane said, "they're not in jail, they're just sleeping."
I just thought I would get proof that our kids do their own laundry starting at 8 years old. I'm just doing them a favor by taking these pictures. When they explain to their own kids that, "yes, I was doing my own laundry at 8 years old..." they will have the evidence. :)



Aaaahhhhh!!! I love it! Summer is so refreshing!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post. Such great pictures and thoughts.
I am just CRYING over Shane's "sleeping" (or imprisoned) animals. I am so hungry for summer to come here - it is 34 degrees and we're meant to get 3"-6" of snow in the next 24 hours. I am starting to wonder if this is what Alaska is like.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to be home and finally over jetlag and starting to catch up on things - reading your last few posts brought so much joy to my heart.
XOXOXOXO
Kat
It also means..........The Wallworks are coming!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait to see you all.
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with your mad gardening skills, I kill everything and shouldn't be allowed to garden, I am skipping this year but will try again next year.
Such cute pictures, all of them. And that first photo should be blown up and framed, so very cute.
Love all the life around your home!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking spring is one of the greatest! Although it's been a lot of thunderstorms and not enough sunshine- but it will make everything green in time!
Haha I love all the little quotes... Me sounds like she has everything figured out;)
They all make me want to go climb around in a play area, they should have adult size ones don't you think?
Beautiful Garden!! Makes me smile!
ummm sooo much fun. seriously.
ReplyDeleteK
I know summers have ther own charm--specially with all the water fun kids can have.
ReplyDeleteAwww--I love the pic where your daughter makes her 'doll' sit in the car seat. Too cute.
I just love your Summer pictures - such a happy bunch. And I'm amazed your children do their own washing - A turns 7 soon, perhaps I shall introduce that here too:) We are longing for Spring here really, it is still cold, then warmish, but the wind is wild and cold. And it's still bare and naked trees, a few daffodils and snowdrop appearing though. Guess it is the cold North :)
ReplyDeleteHappy day my lovely friend,
Axx
the 1st pic cracks me up. It's so Gwyneth, sitting up straight like nothing is happening behind her. I can just hear my boy saying "They're not in ja- (low voice) -il! (high voice)" Love it!
ReplyDeleteThey are going to have such a GREAT time at Zion's Camp. There was a reason I went every year and that was to work. They will have such a great spiritual experience. They will have such fun activities. They will both be exhausted when they get home.
AGH so fun! can't wait for summer either!!! endless days of sunshine, here we come! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, the rolls Marie makes! Aren't they good! I have tried many recipes and these were the best and the easiest. Thanks for all your lovely comments.
ReplyDeleteAh, I want to come to your house for summer! After two foggy, cold Monterey summers, we are so excited to be moving back east this year and really getting to enjoy summer activities.
ReplyDeleteToo much about this post that I love. Not sure if I can narrow it down. But I love Georgia feeding William and I love that your kids do they're laundry at age 8--sign me up! I'll have to ask you more about that sometime to hear about how you implement that (and make sure it happens).
ReplyDeleteThat top picture would have made a great Norman Rockwell picture. That is a Norman Rockwell Moment.
ReplyDeleteI can't get my husband to do laundry...never mind my kid! LOL I would definitely think they'll appreciate the evidence later on. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Costco has the best tortilla chips!
Have a great weekend Shauna!
I wish summertime would start here!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so ready for Summer...beaches, warm sun, the smell of coconut oil, fresh grass, ice cream, bike rides, day trips, farmers markets and everything glorious that goes with it =)
ReplyDeletethat first picture is a classic!! this post was super depressing for me, because it won't be summer here for three more months. seriously, I won't unpack any summer clothes or shorts till after July 4th. last year it was the last week of July. our Costco doesn't even have melons yet!
ReplyDeleteYeah for Summer!
ReplyDeleteI am just hoping it warms up here on the East Coast...do you know we had snow last week? Seriously I don't know what was up with that.
I love all of your bounty from Costco, they do have a pretty good selection of healthy stuff.
Are the animals in jail! --- I thought that too! Summer is certainly showing its head around Atlanta :)
ReplyDelete