Sunday, April 14, 2013

Boys...

Years ago I use to think there was something wrong with my family, mainly with the noise level in my home.  And, finally I realized that it was nothing I had done wrong, it was just the fact that I had boys.  This morning, the Sabbath morning no less, my sons decided to "wrestle" in my room on my bed.  I was getting ready for church just feet away from this amazing excitement, and noise, I might add.
 
This kind of stuff use to drive me mad!  I would yell things like: 

"How can we feel the spirit in this house when you are being so LOUD!!!"
or
"It's the Sabbath Day for PETE'S SAKE!"
or
"Somebody really is going to get hurt this TIME!"
or
 
"That is tooooo ROUGH!"
or
 
"Do you ever see the girls doing THIS!"
or
 
"You're driving me up the WALL!!!"
 
And do they ever stop...no.  So, I usually keep quiet now, trying to enjoy the fact that they are making memories as brothers, fighters, crazy people, whatever you want to call it. 
 
And I try to stay close because of course, "it's always fun and games until someone gets hurt."
 
But, luckily this morning after my husband walked in from church meetings,  to find these crazies, I felt relief and said, "hey-do you see what I have to deal with! :)"

And then I turned around to find this.  My husband, right in the middle of it all. 

And, I said to myself..."Oh yeah, he's one of them...a boy."
 
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. OHH Shauna I love it. And the best part is when your husband just joins right in. Laughed out loud at your comments - could have been me saying that, just I have girls, one is a princess, and one is a princess tomboy, and then the hubby - who runs around with them playing robot, wolf, zombie - you name it. Sometimes I join in and the noise level hits the roof. FUN :))
    Happy happy week sweet friend,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!! Those sweet boys. I have them too, and they sure do love to wrestle (and make lots of truck noises over here!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have that at our house too. My husband being one of two children thinks it is dysfunctional. He had a sister. They never wrestled. I need to show him this post. Yes, I know it would be so cool to meet you too. It will not be this summer , but hoping next summer. It will just depend on whether he can get the funding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That. Is. Awesome. I mean that you can just continue to get ready. I don't have boys....yet....but my girls seem like those boys sometimes. Maybe it's just that I have nothing to compare them to, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha..love the bit where you add you find your husband in it too.
    I can totally relate. Boys are noisy naughty.
    I do wish I have a girl too sometime. I think they are more loving.
    Or not?
    Shauna what say♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girls are great! But, they are not necessarily more loving in my opinion. My oldest son is the one who is always stroking my hair, putting his arm around me when we walk or holding my hand...still. That said, it's just amazing how obnoxious boys can be. My girls will sometiimes join in, but I can't think of one time where I walk into a room and my daughters are rolling around, crashing into furniture like crazy town. Girls and boys are pretty different this way. :) Take care,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, yes Kirk is one of them, good thing too! Isn't it nice having some experience under your belt and just getting calmer about kids and appreciating their spirit, feistiness and all?

    I never understand those moms that want their kids to be calm all the time. Let em run, let em play and be loud and crazy. Granted this works better outdoors, but that's the other thing, give kids plenty of fresh air, they need it right?

    Love you Shauna, can't wait to jump right into that crazy house come summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. This is precious! Boys will most definitely be boys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I feel like I am seeing visions of my future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahah this is so cute and funny!!! love your perspective. i suppose it is true that boys will be boys huh? my husband says that if we ever have a son, he would wrestle with him all day long. and teach him how to play paintball. hahahha. i've missed your updates and can't wait to catch up on what i've missed! hope all is swell and peachy, shauna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally understand. This is how it was in my house too. My older brother was so rough with my younger brother. My mom would get so mad at him but they all laugh about it today. Luckily, the fighting stops.. eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my house but with bigger bodies! I often look and Kev and wonder aloud what in the world we are going to do when #3 gets here...padded walls in our next house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A house with boys is a very lively one and a house with girls is very animated...I'm so glad to have the joy of both worlds =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! That is just too adorable! I can imagine my hubby doing the same. I think I want all boys...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha! I don't know how I missed this post!! SO great! I love how much joy and fun your kids bring to your house! - I think when dads are like the kids for a bit that creates the best memories!!! I'm just going to have to remind my husband he isn't ALWAYS the kids I'm sure:)
    ps- love your headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boys apparently never do grow up...their bodies just get bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kirk and I dressed up in full winter cloths, went outside and had a full on brawl. Not to mention the hours of playing wwf wrestling with hulk hoggen, hack saw jim duggen, ultimate warrior, and the like. I blame kevin

    ReplyDelete