Wednesday, March 06, 2013

You know you're a mom when...

I did this post HERE a while back and I thought it was so funny.  Then I thought, "I should do a post like this every few months."  Which is not very realistic since it's actually hard to come up with "new" material.  On that note:

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A MOM WHEN:

You purchase new makeup and it makes you feel like a million bucks...and you haven't even tried it on...and it's from the drugstore.
 
You have laundry in at least one place much of the time.  Plus you think it's cute to put your baby on the bed with the laundry and take pictures.
 
You put your hair in a high bun most of the time because it's just so easy, and your hair is usually dirtier than clean.  A solution indeed. :)
 
You finally get your child off your lap and set her down "patiently" and walk away saying "nicely" that, "you can just go ahead and look at that cookbook on your own."  Since you won't stop squirming and you won't stop turning the pages that I want to look at!
 
You walk by random "things" in the corners of your house and it takes a while for them to get picked up because...well, just because.  A super hero mask, a roll of toilet paper, a bunny, a Nerf bullet, boxing glove and a diaper.   I'm just glad it's not a dirty diaper.
 
You have a child that follows you around.  Wherever you go.  You think you're alone and then "pop" there they are right by your side.  I am never lonely.  Good thing I actually don't like being alone. :)
 
 
You find a serving spoon was used to eat yogurt and then thrown back in to the drawer. Awesome.  This might be the topper of "You Know You're a Mom When..."
 
You watch your two year old jump on the trampoline and think they might be unusually talented.  Are most two year olds even coordinated enough to jump like this?  :)
 
You plan your meals according to whether they will give you leftovers or not.
 
You heart skips a beat when your husband gets home because he's your ally and you've got a team mate physically present.  And he loves his kids beyond words.
 
Now you can say things like, "go ask your dad," and "go play steam roller with your dad."
 
You're just happy your kid is dressed.  He may be in his sisters nightgown, but he's dressed.  Seriously.  Because he's usually naked...don't ask.
I love being a mom.  It's the best job ever!  Despite a messy house, little time for myself, a noisy house, and the frustrations that come with kids, one day soon it will all be a distant memory.  I love it all now.  It's going by so fast...
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Shuana what an awesome post!!!
    My kids only follow me if they are unwell, else they are pretty happy with each other, benefit of twins I suppose!

    I can totally relate to the 'bun' I do it all the time! I dunno how to do the high bun though!

    BTW all your kids are sooo cuteee!!!!!!! I loved the pic where your baby is on the laundry, hehe!

    I'm also guilty here, *go play with your dad* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nerf bullets are ALWAYS all over my house, funny thing is I never see the kids using them (maybe the dog is moving them around).

    Being a mom is fun and this is just a funny post (as I can relate to so many of the items).

    Thank you for the bit of humor for this Thursday.

    Have a great day Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yogurt spoon, how precious, at least they attempted to put it away, my kids just leave everything on the island, it's a catch all :)

    That pic of William is adorable, I can't believe how big he's getting, and how cu-ute.

    Miss you always, don't have any concrete plans for the weekend, you? Love you always.

    Oh and I am impressed with the eye shadow, I only use one color, yup just one, that's how untalented I am with makeup. My mom bought me this shimmery pink MAC eyeshadow years ago for my bday and I loved it so much I just keep buying it. I can't be bothered with trying to put on more than one color at one time. Isn't that something only professionals do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love this post! Made me smile a big fat smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Favorite post in a long time. Funny, funny girl you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! And yes, Summer's jumping is uber-impressive. Blake loves jumping on the ground, but he won't jump on the trampoline by himself, even if I hold his hand. And love the picture of Shane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a great chuckle out of this post! i just love real life. Girl - I can't even tell you how many times a week my hair is in a high bun and I feel like a million bucks when I bring drug store make up home. I usually have to put it on right away.

    I had a girl friend come over for coffee the other morning and she got a spoon out of the drawer and it had a left over kraft macaroni and cheese noodle stuck on the other side. I had to laugh and of course I blamed it on the dish washer. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I absolutely plan all of our meals around whether or not there will be leftovers. Answer: There should ALWAYS be leftovers.

    2. As a fellow drugstore diva, I completely agree. New makeup is always thrilling. We will need to know all of your thoughts on this new stuff! I'm always on the lookout for eyeshadow that will go on and stay on. Other secret confession: I vastly prefer the foam applicators to get eyeshadow on to the brushes. I never feel as though I'm making any progress with the brushes!

    XOXOXO
    Kat

    p.s. From 2009-2010 (so after college), I lost about 60 pounds. Just cooking for myself and exercising. So that is where all of this #closetsafari-ing comes from!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can all relate to this...seriously. The leftovers? Story of my life. I'm always trying to figure out how to make something in bulk. And since I can only really make lasagna decently, we eat a lot of lasagna. :)

    Hope you had a great weekend Shauna! Love how you let so much roll of your back.

    PS: Your hair is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shauna - this post made me laugh - especially at the yoghurt spoon in the drawer ha ha. I can nod approvingly to many of these things - my youngest once pegged it out of the house - only wearing underwear - in the winter, funniest was to see her dad trying to catch her. Thanks for making this (snowy - can you believe it ) day brighter :))
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great summary with pictures too! You are such a creative thinker! And what a great mom!

    ReplyDelete