Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend Fun

At the beginning of the year Kirk, Kalen and I set out to make our Temple Goals.  Since Kalen can perform some ordinances at the Temple now, Kirk and I go once a month on our own and every other month we take Kalen to the Temple. 

On Friday our dear friends Mark and Thira were taking their son Dell to the Temple for his first time and invited us to go along.  It worked out perfectly since we were already set to go with Kalen this month. 
 
 
This is the lobby right before you go into the temple.  It's the only place you can take pictures, besides outside.
 
 
 
I can't express what a joy it is to be with my oldest son in the Temple.  In the LDS religion we believe that families are forever and so when we are married in the Temple we are "sealed, for all time and eternity."  As we teach our children they learn to love the Temple as well. 

I am so thankful to see Kalen have love and respect for the Temple.  And I am thankful to see him honor and serve his Father and Heaven by performing the ordinances that he can as a twelve year old.  I will always look forward to being at the temple with my family and dear friends.  I hold these memories dear to my heart.
 
Switching Gears, no pun intended :)...It has been so beautiful here in California the past few days and on those days one of our favorite family outings is to bike to the lake. 
 
 
 
 
Almaden Lake/Park is about a mile and a half from our house.  It has a great path to follow.

 
 
With all of our bikes it looks like we're in Amsterdam.
 
You will never find Gwyneth has gone anywhere without a book.  No siree' where there is a Gwyneth, there is a book.  Always.
 
Watching America's favorite pass time sport, Baseball.
 
 
We had the best weekend.  We got to be with our best friends, enjoy being together as a family and enjoy the sun.  This was our weekend fun.
 
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Seems like a really meaningful time for all of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! Love seeing your whole family bike together. I grew up in Utah where there weren't nearly as many bike paths, so I've always been kind of anti-trailer, but with bike paths, it's so much safer, I think it's time to reconsider. My family is big on biking and I love the idea of a family bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good clean fun, pun intended. That is so great that Kalen goes every other month. Our youth are going to the temple next month and it will be Emry's first time, so looking forward to it. It's so nice to be in young woman's at this time with her, I am really enjoying it. Looking forward to the kiddos going to school today, my house is a Disaster!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...what a great weekend!!! Your kids are adorable Shauna.
    When I was a kid..I would take a book everwhere too, old times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the Oakland Temple right? If so, it is the one my parents were married in. It's such a beautiful temple. I am so incredibly jealous of your warm sunshine-y weather. It looks like you all had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bikeride sounds amazing! I think the hubby and I need to take a nice, long bikeride the next time it's nice out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Organizing all those bikes in your garage must be quite the affair. Happy Sunday dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be so proud of Kalen. How amazing to be able to share such special traditions with him. My 4 year old has just started asking a lot of questions at church and it warms my heart and makes us proud as parents too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful values....I love the proud feeling of being a mom and experiencing wonderful memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you can see the Chritus from the outside. Harris just went to the temple a week or two ago. They are going againt his month too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures! Darling kids. The temple is beautiful. I live in Utah and love walking around the Salt Lake temple grounds, especially at Christmas when they have lights up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful weekend and that is some beautiful weather you are having. Weather here has been a little crazy. It was 65 over the weekend and then yesterday it was 25...seriously I am having a hard time dressing for this.

    Speaking of dressing nice of you and Thira to wearing almost identical coats :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing your adventures with your loving family.

    ReplyDelete