Sunday, March 03, 2013

Odds and Ends...

Have you ever been searching through your picture data base and come across pictures that A. you've never seen before, B. you meant to do a post on, or C. you forgot about them?  Well, I thought I'd put a little post together on just those pictures.  We'll start here...

Summer Ann Klippel: first set of stitches, three to be exact.  About two weeks after her birthday she put her two front teeth all the way through her bottom lip while playing at the park. 
 
We love books in this sweet home of ours, and it's no exception for Shane.  We found him like this the other night.  I was dying over the display of books across the panel of his bed.  He's very efficient.  Too bad he couldn't stay awake to enjoy his efficiency. :)
 
A few months ago it was a tent that he had to have over his bed.  It literally lasted about a month.
 
I came across these pictures, I've never seen them, don't know who took them, but they are so cute.  Just another testament of how much our oldest son adores his baby brother.  He would hold him all day if he could.
 
Again, never seen these.  Looks like Georgia got into my dresses and Shane got into his big brothers suit and they had a ball.  So cute.
 
I forgot about these.  And I couldn't tell then, but here Will looks so much like Kalen as a baby.
 
During Christmas break we went hiking.  I love these two pictures.  I forgot to post this trip.
 
 
Another picture of William, from the many piles of pictures there are of him. 
 
Books, always a theme in our house.  Except this is especially cute.  There were a few months when they all wanted to sleep together, all in the same room.
 
I love these pictures of us reading!! 
 
Shane is an awesome baby sitter. 
 
I can't believe I've never blogged this!!!  Kalen got a compound fracture last summer, just after my mom died.  He's going into surgery with the hat on and post surgery asleep in bed.  We were not there for any of this.  We were dealing with my mom's estate after her passing.  We had to catch a flight home to be with him.  His scout leaders wife stayed overnight with him the first night and my dad was with him the next morning until we got there. 
 
There it is.  Can you see it?  I don't know how you can miss it.  The bones facing down on the bottom of his arm came through the skin.  He was punctured in two places about the size of silver dollars from the bones coming through the skin. 
 
Going into surgery.  Narly.
 
Cousins at Tahoe.  So classic.  This was only last summer and my kids looks so much older to me.
 
Never seen this picture either.  But, I just cannot get enough of these.  This is how you will frequently see my home.  Stuffed animals are a part of our family, what can I say? 
 
This was July 9th, 2012, Shane's birthday.  I had never seen this picture either.  Actually it took me a minute to figure out what occasion this was.  I wasn't there as my mom had just passed on, July 6th.  I was in Southern California making preparations for her service.  It was a crazy time.  I'm so grateful Shane has the best dad in the world to have been there for his birthday along with his brothers and sisters and grandma and grandpa, during his birthday.

I love my life.  I love the odds and ends, the good times the hard times and everything in between.  We are blessed to have one another.  I think what I love most about the odds and ends is that it's clear we love life and each other.  Here's to the odds and ends...cheers.
 
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. I really find it cute, that all of them wanted to sleep together! :))

    I love the bed too.
    I'm hoping that the surgery went well.
    Hope you and the family are well, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pictures!! William looks a lot like Reece to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! P.S. I had no idea about Kalen's fracture to add to that whopper of a summer. Unbelievable! But really, all these pictures make your family look so sweet (because they are, of course). And making me rethink my "no more than four kids!" self-declaration. Truth be told, I don't really have a final number in my head anymore. After I had Blake and it was the hardest time of my life by far, I definitely switched to a "one at a time" mentality. So we'll see how it goes. :)
    Love your family and your blog! Wish we got to talk more in real life, but it's fun commenting back and forth. You are one of my two faithful commenters, so I always appreciate when you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I love Shane's 'smile'? What a little cutie, your summer of 2012 still makes my head spin, I still can't believe you were given so many trials at once or the complete grace in which you handled it all.

    You know I love the books and stuffed animals. I am realizing my patience is perfected lately as I am trying to hold on to my children's childhood that I see slipping away right before my eyes, so the mess is all good.

    Love you, happy Monday and happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pictures are truly the key to my heart! I love how they capture a moments we sometimes forget and how they capture moments that will live in our hearts forever! Beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! The picture of the break hurts just to look at it! So glad he had good leaders to be with him. Yes, Will looks like the mini-me of big brother and they look like you! I think you have to give a tutorial on how to do your high bun! I love it! Also, I was wondering if you have a bread recipe that isn't hard as a rock the following day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had heard about the compound fracture from a post Marie put up...it gives me the heebie jeebies looking at it though (I don't do well with things like that).

    The tent bed is AWESOME. My daughter has had one on her bed for about 2 months now (and I don't know if it is ever coming down). I think she really enjoys the cozy enclosed space.

    This a wonderful post to put all of the pics that don't necessarily warrant a post unto themselves.

    I hope you are having a wonderful Monday Shauna!

    Be Well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had more places to hang photos in my house. Sad how so many great photos get lost and forgotten about when they are out of sight.

    Love the stuffed animals,

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photos These pictures are fantastic full of love and sentiment!

    New post on my blog Mermaid make-up by Giorgia Di Giorgio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shauna I just love how happy you guys always are - it is so important to enjoy what we have, many people forget that and only concentrate on what others have - not you guys, what an awesome and very adorable family you have.
    Happy day sweet lady, here the sun is out, and the wind is warm(ish) - yay,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, between those stitches and the broken bones, my little squeamish stomach could almost not handle it!! But besides those bad moments, all the happy moments look just lovely! ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are such precious and fun pictures!!!!! love these snippets of your lovely family. my favorite is shane's book display...amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i did the same thing as a kid! and still have the scar to prove it!!

    ReplyDelete