Wednesday, February 01, 2012

"Sweet" Creations

My lemon tree is a really sweet creation.  My husband wishes it were an orange tree, but the lemons are great too.  I use them for things like homemade lemon bars.


My children love anything "lemony."

This sweet creation was made by Reecy.  He asked if I would tape it our pantry door, to which I replied, "of course I will."

Creating fresh squeezed orange juice is the best.  Our friends gave us a huge box of oranges.  It has become a squeeze fest over here.

I walked into my son's room the other day to find this.  His little sister got a wooden bead set for Christmas and he made this.  "SK" for none other than his beloved mommy and daddy, Shauna and Kirk.  My heart melted, so cute with the masking tape and all, taped next to his bed.

Wouldn't you love to have this sweet creation to help you unload your dishwasher?  I know you do.  :)



My daughter, Georgia pinned her older brother Reece down one night and made him create some art she had in mind.  She drew the one below, but made him write, "I am a child of God."  PPECIOUS.  


He drew this for her.  Note that it says "I love dad and mom," and it has her idles name on it too, Gwyneth.  (Her oldest sister).
Alright, this Rubiks Cube isn't so much a sweet creation as it is sweet that my oldest son finally solved it.  It took him about a week.  He can solve it now in about four minutes.  The world record is 28 seconds.  I told him I would film him solving it and blog it when he gets his time down.

Can I just point out the eighties theme here.  His glasses look about 1984-ish, (he bought them with his own money for tennis academy), and the Star Wars shirt.  Okay Star Wars was late seventies but close enough, and the Rubiks Cube was created in 1980.  It's all coming back.  

I love all of these sweet creations.  They fill my life with happiness and love.

Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. lemon bars are my favorite. I bet yours are yummy. we loved your lemon tree, too! remember when you would let emily and kalen "make" lemonade all by themselves in the backyard? Emily loved that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember those days. I have so many pictures of them in the sand box, picking lemons, etc. Those times seem like a life time ago. So sweet...miss you,

      Shauna

      Delete
  2. Mmm lemon bars are amazing!! If I lived in Cali I would insist on lemon, orange, and avocado trees- yum!! Great pictures and love the drawings a la your little artists. The SK is darling- what a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Laura! An avocado tree would be wonderful, we go through a lot of those over here too. And I didn't mention that our neighbor right next to us does have an orange tree, so my husband will pick their oranges from time to time, because they don't use them! Can you believe that? Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  3. Seriously what a sweet post. Love the mouth watering pics of the lemons and the lemon trees. And the necklace and drawings? Darling. Although you can have the dishwasher, I have all the 'help' I can get over here.

    Good job Kalen. I love brain teasers. I got stuck on a super hard Sodoku last night and it took so much energy my brain gave out and I fell asleep at 7:45, not kidding. I felt so good waking up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 7:45 that's amazing. I don't think I was asleep that early since I was a toddler!!! hahahaha. Good for you, that should rejuvenate for at least a few days.

      My kids love Sodoku. They do it a lot in their spare time. Love you,

      Shauna

      Delete
  4. Aw! I want someone that cute to help me unload the dishwasher! And embarrassingly, I still cannot solve Rubiks Cubes for the life of me - I'm terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thanks for the visit. Don't be embarrassed about that, I don't think many people can solve it, only because they don't have the time!!!!. It takes perseverance for sure. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  5. Our lemon tree is looking half dead after a bit of a run in with some frost. Sad. We've never gotten a lemon off it, although it's only been a couple of years. I am beginning to think lemons don't really grow on trees and instead grow in supermarkets. However, your photos provide evidence to the contrary. Huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left a comment on your blog, just saying bummer about your tree. I'm wondering when to plant the lavender-I wish I had more gardening advice for you. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  6. Yummmmm I love anything lemon-y too, ESPECIALLY delicious lemon bars! Now I'm majorly craving some!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, good to hear from you again. Lemons are such a great food, savory or sweet. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  7. I love lemon squares...haven't had them in ages! And sadly, when I did eat them they were made from a boxed mix I bought at Ralphs. Terrible, right?

    How lucky your family is to have you!! You are a fabulous mother. And so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ameena, that's nice of you to say. And, not so terrible about the lemon squares. Most of the time when I make a cake for birthdays I use a boxed mix because there are some things these days that are so good out of the box why bother. Priorities right? :) Hope you've had a great weekend. Take care,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dad lives in Arizona and he has an orange tree and lemon tree in his back yard. The oranges make the best orange juice. You just gave me an idea to ask him if he can bring a box with him when he comes next week. Haven't had lemon bars in ages. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've decided that fresh squeezed is the only way to go if you really like orange juice, there's nothing like it, in my opinion. Yes, ask your dad-it will be a treat!!! Take care,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have one large lemon tree and two lemon trees with fruit the size of limes. We love making lemon loaves with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon Loaves!!!!!!!!! That sounds way better than lemon bars and healthier. You'll have to fill me in on those. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete