Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Good Times...


Sometimes I get too caught up thinking that to post I need a theme or something catchy.  But, what I want from this blog is to really catch moments that are dear to my heart.  Things that the children will also appreciate looking at themselves.   Here are some random happenings from the last few weeks.

I adore this picture.  I adore that my children like each other and that they have a bond.  And moments like this will serve well, because they are normal siblings and there is bound to be strife once in a while.

 This is them after they had finished their school for the day.  I was around the corner and caught this.  Gwyneth is playing with her hair tie, and Reece and Kalen are chatting.  Their all touching, talking and it's peaceful.  I love it.



On Sundays the tradition is to have nachos for lunch.  Not that we only have nachos on Sundays but definitely on Sundays.   This is Shane right after church, we couldn't get him to change so Kirk slapped a kitchen towel over him and gave him nachos and the whole tub of salsa for his taking.  


He loves salsa.  He has a very refined pallet for his two years of age...I must say.  ;)

This picture says it all about this child, who happens to be Georgia.  How cute is this?  The sun hat, the spandex tennis outfit, polka dot leggings and my heels.  She's coloring by the way, she needs to be chic no matter what, where or when.   Apparently.

I had never seen this picture.  I was looking at some others and came across this of Reece and Shane.  Reece loves Shane so much.  For his family goal, Reece wanted to be Shane's buddy through the day.  This means that he helps Shane get dressed in the morning, helps with the potty and helps Shane get snacks, etc.


This is Uncle Kraig.  He has lived with Kirk and I, our entire married life.  We love him, and the kids love him.  He loves our kids and spends time with them on his own doing.  He's a blessing to our whole family, and he's moving to North Carolina in July.  He has know idea how much he will be missed.  It will be the end of an era for sure.  The other night he played Chutes and Ladders with Shane.

I love good times because they are meant to wash away the hard, the bad, the "whatever elses."  And that they do.

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. sweet, sweet pictures. I love your kids. loved that first picture especially. it still seems strange to me that I don't know Shane, Summer or Georgia like I do the first three. and Kraig is moving to North Carolina? that is huge news for your family! what a big change that will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, I feel the same way about Jake. I see him in pictures with Emily and Trent and it seems so odd that I don't know him like I know them. And Jake seems like an angel. So fitting that his last name is Angell. :)

      Delete
  2. Kerri8:46 AM

    Love the pic of Georgia. So glad we didn't come over yesterday, Kaitlyn was throwing up yesterday. That's all you need is that going though your peaceful house. So we won't be seeing you before we go today. *SIGH* Love you & Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri! Poor Kaitlyn, mom told me yesterday about her being sick. And yes, even if you had come here I wouldn't have let you in!! Kidding, but seriously, that virus is what they are calling an epidemic in San Francisco...have you heard? Apparently they've shut down something like 60 percent of the public schools. The Presidio was shut down and they have medical teams taking "medical samples," and cleaning down all of these facilities for reopening. I was reading this in the San Fran Chronicle newspaper at the gym. Said they haven't seen anything like it in years. Love you and I'm bummed this happened. We love her and hope she feels better. Take good care, and happy, safe driving. Love
      Shauna

      Delete
  3. Oh Georgia, that child just touches my heart. So Kraig has a date. I am sure you will all make the most of these next couple of months. I know he will be missed but the timing is pretty perfect. And don't ever let blogging stress you out, I look forward to your posts so much, no matter the content. Seeing your life in any way always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, you're so sweet, what would I do without you? Nothing-that's what. Hahaha. I love you so much, thanks for loving me too so much. Talk soon,

      Shauna

      Delete
  4. Those are sweet pictures of your cute kiddos! I would imagine having your kids be friends would be the greatest blessing as a parent...and make you feel so proud!! I love your Sunday nacho tradition...it's so nice to be able to quickly whip something up isn't it? Love the picture of Georgia with the hat and heels, classic! And how sweet for your kids to have their uncle live with you guys, I bet he will be missed like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and the french toast recipe is from ourbestbites.com, there is a link if you click on i whipped 'this up'... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for being dopy-for some reason I didn't see the link. Got it. I realized I didn't even mention how long our married life has been and it's almost thirteen years! He's lived with us that long. Like I said end of an era. Take care Laura, I'm getting excited for you and baby girl!!

      Shauna

      Delete
    2. Anonymous3:29 PM

      I most certainly appreciate all of your posts, no matter the content, as long as they contain picture of my sweet grandchildren. Once again Marie has expressed my sentiments. Ditto, what she said.
      I can't believe Kraig is leaving. Yes, the end of an era. I will miss him as well. When I am there and babysitting he has always been a great back-up and support. Not to mention, I like him.
      Love you all so much and miss you. It seems like months since I have seen you even though it has only been a little over a month.
      Grandma Judy

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4:33 PM

    Are those my lemon bars, or my recipe on your last post? Mine never look that perfect!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom! If your recipe is from Ina then it's the same. They were great. I think I cooked them a tad too long, but the kids kept reassuring that they were perfect-if they think so then I guess they were :). Thanks for reading mom-your the only mom I've seen comment on any persons blog-you're very kind with your words, love you,

      Shauna

      Delete
  7. my heart always swells when i read posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh these are the sweetest posts. So true. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  8. Sometimes I too try to be too "cute" or "smart" on my blog, when really, it shouldn't be about that. Well said my friend.

    Love that your son likes salsa! I too can eat it by the spoonful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ameena, my friend as well :), I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way sometimes. Thanks to you as well for reading my blog. It's nice to know that the posts are appreciated. Take care,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:44 PM

    No mine are not Ina's. I had sent you my recipe about a year or so ago. I will try Ina's though. They look great. Everything INA is good, don't you think?

    Of course I read these posts and comment. What a blessing this computer is, I can see my grandchildren who live so far away (might as well be Mars), weekly. I get to see what they are up to and what they have accomplished. Silly things like coloring all dressed up and chic or eating salsa on the floor wrapped in a dish towel. All things I would otherwise miss. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!!!!! Love you bunches, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These kind of moments...and the documenting of them...is the number 1 reason I love blogging! These posts are much more interesting to me than anything catchy or trendy...these are straight from the heart. And this post is BEAUTIFUL! I think nachos for Sunday lunch sounds like a great tradition...and that first pic and the little story behind it? THAT melts my heart. :)

    Happy weekend to you!! AND to your beautiful family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Ashley, I'm glad you feel that way. I love your blog as well. You take the greatest pictures. Take care and have a great weekend.

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete