Sunday, June 21, 2015

William is 3!

William turned 3 on June 8th.  I thought about having a little birthday party for him with friends and everything, but I decided with the six siblings he has, we already had ourselves a party.  :)  

We took him, his brothers and sisters and Grandma Klippel to Vasona Park where he rode the train.  Currently, William is obsessed with trains.  His oldest brother, Kalen, was also infatuated with trains.  We had a great time.  We ate lunch and then made our way over to the train and the carousal.  

(This is the best shot of William because the kids face is perpetually dirty.) :)

William was born at 26 weeks.  When he was born I didn't get to see him or touch and I definitely didn't get to hold him,  He was taken away because he was lifeless and needed the most advanced life saving techniques there were to survive.  The next three months were a blur because in that time I lost my mom and my oldest son broke his arm so badly he had to have emergency surgery.   It took me a month to hold my mom's funeral, sort through her stuff, hold an estate sale and get everything situated.  During that time I just left William in the NICU.  I had no choice, he couldn't leave even if I wanted him to. I am grateful that he was there, he was in the best of hands.  




William doesn't show any signs of delay other than maybe his speech, but considering that most of his siblings spoke later it could just be genetics.  Nevertheless, he is thriving and very normal.  He's never needed any "extra" help and I give credit to his six siblings who have loved him and shown him the ropes.  :)   

 He is infatuated with trains just like Kalen was when he was little.  It's so cute because it brings back so many memories for me.  


Grandma Klippel gave him a train sticker book and a fun addition to the wood tracks that he currently has.  He calls trains, "choo choos," he calls his sister Summer, "Tummo, because he can't pronounce his "R's" yet and he calls Shane, "Neeny" because I call Shane, "Shaney."  




Finally on the actual train that rides through the park!  He asks me everyday all day long if we can ride the, "choo choo."  He's so cute.  




Summer and Will.  He is so fair and she is so dark I call them, "marshmallow and hot chocolate."  :)





William has a big personality in that he is not afraid to speak up, he has a hard time sharing (normal for 3) but he is also a really happy little boy.  The kids love him so much,  The baby stage is leaving our home for good.  I can't believe it, but it's true.  On the one hand it's so sad but on the other it's so exciting to be able to be with kids, not worrying about naps, diapers, strollers, and all the rest that comes with babies.  I have been doing this for almost 15 years.  

I love this stage of life right now.  It's my favorite time in all the time I've been having children.  There is something so great about having very young children and teenagers together.  They all root for each other, they love each other and I am getting the best of both worlds.  Happy Birthday Will, you are one lucky boy to have been born into this family, and we are so blessed to have you with us.  



3 comments:

  1. marshmallow and hot chocolate...you crack me up! happy birthday to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sweet grace that william is thriving and happy! i can't imagine going through what you went through when he was born. he is a beautiful boy and i love the celebrations you have with your amazing family!!!

    ReplyDelete