Sunday, June 14, 2015

Yosemite 2015

A few weeks ago we went to Yosemite with all of our family and my sister/brother in law and their daughter.  We had a great time.  My dad took me to Yosemite growing up a few times.  It's the kind of place that leaves a lasting impression.  There is something about the Yosemite Valley that is so amazing and wondrous.  I love taking my kids to places that I grew up visiting as well.  We all had a blast as the pictures will show...









Yosemite Falls...





Summer would not cooperate for the family picture in front of Half Dome.  We never got a good picture... :)



The kids were great with helping and doing their part around camp.  This particular night we got in from a hike and they prepped the dinner while pretending to be on a cooking show.  They were so cute.

I did almost all of the meals by way of Dutch Oven.  For the most part everything turned out great.  

The start of the hike up to Vernal Falls which is not for the faint of heart.  ;)





Posing at the top of Vernal Falls...






Kalen was so great, he held Summer almost the entire way down.  











I love Yosemite.  There's a magic to it and also a very old, vintage feel to it.  Kirk and our oldest son Kalen will be hiking the 50 mile back country in the beginning of August and they will end it by climbing Half Dome.  Can't wait to come back and do it all again and more!  


4 comments:

  1. These are the memories of my childhood. We have video footage of me hiking here when I was about 6. Add in a few Black bears too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been but, have always wanted to go. Such a gorgeous place. The kids are getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures turned out great. We had such a great time. Our next epic adventure, Beach camping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I am uber impressed by your Dutch oven cooking skills. My family never went camping growing up so it's all new to me. I'm still learning! Bryan loves Yosemite. We've gone once (while I was pregnant with Blake), but we hope to go again in the future. Love all the pics of your kids playing together.

    ReplyDelete