This last Wednesday night our church had an activity to introduce the 11 year old girls to the Young Women's program that our church runs. It's part of the youth program and it's definitely a right of passage for LDS kids.
And I can't believe that it was just yesterday when these two best friends were graduating from nursery together...and now they are graduating from Primary. Look at how precious they were! Gwyneth is on the left in both pictures and her long time best friend, Lily, is on the right.
The activity was great and the older girls did a great job of introducing the program to the younger girls coming in. Some of these girls I've known for years and to see them growing up into great young women is inspiring to me.
During their years in Young Women's they will make and achieve many goals in areas of service, virtue, honesty, integrity, and personal religious observances. This is to name a few. And she will also get to go to girls camp starting the summer going into seventh grade. Girls camp is where it all happens. :) The Young Women's program is an inspired program for sure. I'm so grateful to be able to help Gwyneth along on her path since I didn't go through this program, as I am an adult convert.
By the way the theme for this activity was the "50's," in case you couldn't tell. :)
Sister Johnson below will be one of Gwyneth's Young Women's leaders. She's wonderful and I just love her.
At the beginning of the activity they asked each mom to introduce her daughter to all the girls. When I stood up with Gwyneth I shared the things that I love most about her. I want to be more like Gwyneth. She is very dynamic. I love this about her. She is an introvert but she isn't shy and she's got a definite mind of her own. She knows what is right and she practices being a good person. She observes her religion in her own personal life, by reading her scriptures on a daily basis, by praying, by working hard. She's helpful and happy. She's quiet yet loud. Like I said very dynamic.
Before the activity she and I talked about some of her talents that we should share. She of course wanted everyone to know of her love/obsession for reading. We also shared her love for swimming.
Life moves quickly. These last few weeks I have been so grateful for my life. Gwyneth is off to such a great start. She really honors her father and I as parents. She has a lot of respect for us and it shows. I admire so much about her. I'm excited for her and for her future and I'm grateful for new beginnings.


Not that I want to rush my girls in growing up, but I can't wait for them to be in young woman's. Such a wonderful program for young woman.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big any of these girls are! I remember when they were all born!!! I was their age when they were born, and now to see them all in Young Woman's, its so crazy. They are going to have so many blessed experiences in Young Women's. I'm so grateful for the program!
ReplyDeletefun theme for new beginnings!! you both look really cute! Trent is turning 12 this Saturday. I can't believe it!!
ReplyDeleteYour outfits are amazing! What a fun night for the girls. Gwyneth will be such a great addition to the young womens group.
ReplyDeleteLove your outfits :) Have a great day xxxx
ReplyDeleteLooks like the best time ever. I was born in the wrong era. You looked absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteI want to be more like Gywneth too! What a wonderful program to help young women, especially today when there are so many unworthy role models, you must be grateful to belong to a community with so much concern for the well being and spiritual education of your children!
ReplyDeleteCan we take 10 seconds to discuss how pleasant is was to see this theme? After being bombard by so much Miley/neon/pop, it really is nice to see a theme where the girls can just be...girls. I will be keeping the 50s theme in my pocket.
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting time for Gwyneth!