Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birthday Boy Turns 4!

Shane turned 4 on July 9th.  I love summer birthdays because they are so easy to celebrate at the pool.  Just good friends, good food and family make the perfect way to have a party.
For the last two months Shane would wake up and ask, "Mom am I four yet?"  When the day finally came he was sooooo excited!!! 

He loves swimming with Kalen even though Shane is a fluent swimmer himself.
Precious moments between the twins.  No they are not twins, but they look so much alike.  Shane and Summer were trading off swimming "piggy back." 
Summer is splashing in the big pool!
Pool tricks.
Up front is Shane the birthday boy.  In the crowd is a mix of Wallwork and Stepan boys with Kalen in the very back. 

Gwyneth was lucky to have her best friend Lily to celebrate with us.  Gwyneth is Shane's oldest sister.  They also look a lot alike and they remind me the most of each other. 


 If you ask Shane what his favorite things are he says, "BATMAN and BUZZ LIGHT YEAR!!!! So I decided to do his cupcakes in a sort of "Americana" theme.  Red, white and blue, with super heroes-what could be better?  
The present with the homemade drawn bat symbol is from us.  Having older kids is awesome.  They made the cupcakes, wrapped the present and helped so much.  I love them.  :)

Our present to him was a bat utility belt.  It was the hit for sure!
Friends: Shane and Finn
Shauna and Thira Wallwork
Gwyneth and Summer
Bat Belt:  The greatest thing about the bat utility belt is that he got two!!!!  The Stepans got him one and said we could return it.  There was no returning it because Georgia opened it right up and wore her bat belt right along with him. 

For the past two nights they have gone to bed with their bat belts hanging on their beds.  They wake up put them on and it's action time!!!! 
This is Shane striking a "super hero" pose with his bat belt.
When we asked them both to strike poses, the bearn (Georgia) got a little embarrassed.  So cute!
Happy Birthday to Shaney.  We all love him so much!  He has the best imagination.  He plays with everything.  He actually plays.  He makes up scenarios with his toys and makes sounds and all kind of action to go with it. 

As you can see he's playing in the picture below, as usual.  :)  Happy Birthday Shane.  We love you!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Happy BIRTHDAY Shane. He is such a cutie. Love the batman theme. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad we missed out--looks like so much fun! The cupcakes look amazing. Happy birthday, Shane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's official! You are a super moma! Love these pool pics so much.. Yummy cupcakes!
    He is going to remember his little 4 year old Birthday! What a great time to spend in the pool- every four year old kids dream! Keep on being wonderful- BRIGHT FUN PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Shane! Wish I could have crashed the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos!!! It sure looks like you had a great time! Happy birthday Shane! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family you have! Happy birthday to Shane, so excited to be FOUR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that last photo!! That's a good shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shauna, I want to say that I read this post in the Iceland airport and I was practically crying I was laughing so hard - that Bat Belt is just a stitch! And I am so sure that it is most beloved amongst all of the toys right now - there are so many ways to play pretend with it! What a wonderfully themed party (and pool parties are ALWAYS the best in my opinion). Lots of love!

    XOXO
    Kat

    ReplyDelete