Saturday, May 19, 2012

Spring to Summer...

"A Hot Spring Day"

It's a hot spring day,
The Fish are at play,
The birds sing tweet! tweet!
As they go to eat,
They take in the heat;
The flowers open wide,
They wouldn't want to hide,
On this hot spring day...

                                                     Gwyneth Klippel


Spring is here.  The warmth is here to stay.  Shovels, sand boxes, homemade rocket pops from smoothies, rompers and smiles say spring is here...
 

This is Summer.  I know it doesn't get any cuter.  Her name was meant to be because she is happy like the summer season.
 
Her and brother Shane were enjoying a moment together.  They look a lot alike.  And they both look like their dad for sure.
 
 

 
Georgia happy as can be like always.  Everyone says my kids all look so much alike but I think she and Summer look pretty different.
 
Swim team starts in the spring and ends in the summer.  Our kids had their first trial meet today.  My son Kalen placed second in his entire team and fourth out of the entire meet (three swim teams total)!!!!  Reece was similar and Gwyneth too.  These kids have been swimming for years.  Their dad swam polo through high school and some college and dove on a team too.  It's in their blood.  They loved the meet so much.

Kirk's stroke was the breaststroke.  It also happens to be Kalen's.  When Kalen raced the breaststroke he was so far ahead he kept coming up with this huge smile on his face,we were cracking up.  By the way have you ever tried the breaststroke?  I have and I look like a frog gone wrong.  I'm very proud I must say, of my kids that is.  :)
 
A spring trip to the Hidden Villa Organic Farm next door to Stanford University.  Their cousin Kaitlyn was visiting at the time.  Always more fun when a cousin is around.
 
We can hardly get Reece and Gwyneth out of the chicken "area."  These two are animal lovers to the "T."  I'm sure these poor chickens loved being "held."
 
Baby animals are a sure sign of spring....
 
And this baby who is really a toddler, why he's the cutest!!!!  Shane is his name and he found this book in the chicken coup to keep him busy.  We are busy, happy and full of life!!!!  I am having the kids do one more week of official homeschool before they can spring into summer!!!!  


Happy Spring!!!!!!!!! 
Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  2. Happy Spring, indeed!

    I just think that it's hilarious that Kalen is smiling so much while he swims! That being said, I've had runs where I've been smiling like a maniac and I think the heart of the matter is that it's wonderful to be able to do something with that much joy in your heart.

    We're definitely going to need to keep the swim team updates coming.

    p.s. You're probably lucky that Reece and Gwyneth did not sneak the chickens home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lucky I guess. Although I would love some chickens for the fresh eggs, ya know? But, maybe someday.

      Delete
  3. Check out those big brown eyes of hers! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is super fun. Just a happy Summer girl!

      Shauna xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Your kids all look alike. And they are all beautiful. I mean that!

    It was blazing hot today...makes me fear for the summer since it's only May! But now the fog is rolling in and things are looking up. :)

    Hope that you had a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ameena. That's kind of you to say. I hope it's not a blazing summer for the sake of this big belly that's only going to get bigger.

      You're so funny about my comment sounding soothing. I'm just glad my calm, soothing nature can translate across the comment section!!! I need to be more like this with my kids...calm and soothing. Take care friend,

      Shauna

      Delete
  5. Love the pics of Summer! I'm taking Shane. nothing you can do. He's going home with me. and while I'm at it, Georgia too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's one of a kind for sure, and Georgia is too. She's a fit thrower though lately, so you might want to hold off for a few months!!! Love you!

      Shauna

      Delete
  6. yay for summer coming. how fun they are doing swim team. it's just starting up for Emily here also. she's only had 2 weeks of practices so far. but the funny thing is, it's an outdoor pool and they swim rain or shine! and it's mostly rain. they say it will rain most of May and June and summer doesn't come till around July 4th. boo. and we still have 4 more weeks of school so you're kids are lucky they're almost done!!! wish we could be at the pool with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, four more weeks? That's longer than any schools that get out here. I'm keeping mine in for about a week and a half longer than a lot of schools here in our area. Yes, the swim is great. I don't know why I'm so surprised they did so well, they are great in the water and have been for so long!! Like Emily. Miss you,

      Shauna xoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  7. Lot's of fun going on as usual. Way to go Kalen, must be those extra long legs and arms of his. Emry usually placed around last at swim meets, she seems fast to me but the swimmers here are crazy good, or maybe she's a good swimmer but has no speed (like me!!!!) have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time my husband saw me swim he told me I really didn't know how...I'm just glad the kids have him to coach them. They went straight to the pool after practice today to do laps and drills. This is serious business.... :) They love it, I love it for them. :)

      Love,
      Shauna

      Delete
  8. Looks like you all have had a fun spring. I can't wait to see what summer brings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anything it's always fun here, maybe mixed in with a little strife, ya know what with six darn kids running around.... :) We love it, talk soon,

      Shauna

      Delete
  9. I love Spring and it looks like you've had a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is so nice. What I love is your food. I have those glasses on your latest blog too, from Anthropology. Am I right? Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  10. Fun! Spring couldn't come soon enough for me. I never want it to end! Love the swim meet and organic garden tour! Please mail me all the baby animals you can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had that bird's nest in the back and her babies hatched...then she abandoned her nest. I was heartbroken for the kids. A cruel reality check on just how nature can really be sometimes. So the baby animals at the farm were a breath of fresh air. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  11. Anonymous5:00 PM

    Happy Spring Klippels!!!

    Congratulations Kalen, Gwyneth and Reeve, you are AWESOME!! Keep it up!

    Love you all,
    Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom so happy to hear from you again. They were awesome, love you,

      Shauna

      Delete
  12. It is fantastic to visit a site like this full of good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, take care!

      Shauna

      Delete
  13. Congratulations Shauna and Kirk,

    I'm your mom's friend Francine, and I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you both, and especially little William. I've been praying for him, and I just know that he's going to be fine. He'll probably grow up to be a tall, strapping young man.

    I'm sure your mom has been an enormous help with the kids. She such a great mom as well as a very good friend. I miss her!

    Best wishes to you all,
    Francine Roberts

    ReplyDelete