Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Well here I am ...

Well here I am in the hospital with some problems. Five weeks ago I woke up to some light bleeding, which didn't alarm me, since I've dealt with this before. I was just disappointed for this possibility, the hospital stay.

Yesterday I woke up soaked through a pad and I continued to soak through a pad every hour to hour and a half. At nine that evening my husband said, enough and I called my midwife. She said to go straight to the ER, no big surprise there.

The specialist saw me and did a vaginal ultrasound. There she found that the membrane or water sack was detaching from the uterine wall where a blood clot has now formed in that area of detachment. My blood loss was over 500 cc's and they are considering a blood transfusion in the morning. That's why I have the white glove, the needle is in place just in case.

I have to be here until the bleeding is stable, then it is home to where I will stay down until the bleeding stops, the clot reabsorbs and the sack attaches back to the uterine wall. Thank goodness for Kirk's parents and all of their help and for my mom coming on Thursday. I also have great friends who are so willing to help.

Here I am at the hospital one more time...

Me smiling, although not exactly happy to be here...

My gourmet dinner of Raviolis, carrots, green beans, focaccia, cottage cheese, pears and a cheesecake.

Kirk always comes to eat with me and watch something off of Netflix.

The current book I'm reading, although not going to be highly effective here in the hospital, but I'll be more prepared.

Bringing the eighties back with the glove for a possible transfusion, which to be honest really scares me.

Kirk found Catharine Cookson's, "The Wingless Bird," a great mini series...from none other than the BBC.

I have a window. Really nice because they were going to stick me into a room without one, but Julianna, my nurse helped me into the window room. I know her from the other precious stays here, as a matter of fact as soon as I came up two other nurses came into say hi and added that, "I just love it too much to stay away...funny ladies."

It's like déjà vu staring at that clock all day.

Kirk always gets me some essentials. He also got me four magazines, but I couldn't get that picture up.

If you don't hear from me it's because I'm here. I will keep updating with any news. Thanks for all of the support and thoughts.

20 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for you! I had so many complications with my last pregnancy, so I know just a little about how you feel. Hang in there! At the end you will have a darling little boy in your arms. Will say a prayer for you and fast for you on Sunday that your pregnancy will be uneventful from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet, really I appreciate your kindness. I feel things will be okay it's just the bed rest that kills me. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  2. Shauna--I am so so sorry!! you are in my prayers and I hope the time flies by for you. remember how we were talking about last time you were in the hospital you were watching the holiday a lot and that's my favorite too? well, I have a new fav. that I could watch over and over...have you seen the proposal? love it love it. try it. take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it, it's pretty funny. Love you too and thanks for your words,

      Shauna

      Delete
  3. Boo! Being away from the fam is hard, I'm sure, but will be worth it in the end when you bring home your healthy babe. I'll be praying for you to heal up swiftly and that those caring for you will know what to do and act accordingly. Is sounds like you have done this before. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh trials! What will the kids do without their teacher? Guess they'll be playing hooky a lot eh. I hope baby boy is ok and you get better very soon and are able to go home to be with all your munchkins. Love you Shauna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry. We will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To make light of the situation, truly you are the most adorable person I've ever seen in a hospital bed. The medical setting does not suit you at all, but you really know how to rock a gown, sister.

    More seriously, you will be in my prayers. That your body re-joins the group (and quickly!), that your doctors are skilled and guided in their decision-making and that you are able to stay in positive spirits.

    You are so loved, sweet friend! Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Shauna! Wishing you and baby well! I hope your hospital stay is short!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! What a bummer! And how scary. Take care of yourself and little baby! I hope you have nice nurses that rub your feet, at least. Thinking of you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you are having problems Shauna! I hope that you feel better soon and that you and baby are doing well.

    Just as an aside, you look amazing for a lady in the hospital. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sweetie - I´m so sorry you´re having difficulties! I´ll keep you in my mind and hope it will calm down as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:50 PM

    Shauna, I've been thinking about you a lot the last two days and decided to check your web site. I'm sorry that you are in the hospital. We love you so much and trust that you are having the best care. Let me know if we can help in any way. Love, Aunt Carolyn and family

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shauna, I hope you feel better soon. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I hope it all goes smoothly and that you feel better soon. Thinking of you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Shauna! Bless your heart! I am so sad to hear you are stuck in the hospital, but thank goodness for being in the capable hands of doctors and watchful care of nurses. Please do keep us updated!! I will be praying for you and for the rest of the fam...I know the kiddos are missing you terribly. Sending BIG HUGS your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I´ll think of you and hope you´ll get out of there soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. um...this was like 2 weeks ago!!! I need an update. are you at home or in the hospital? I think your birthday was this past week, right? Hope you had a wonderful day, where ever you were. love you!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete