Thursday, March 01, 2012

Copy Cat

My dear, Marie, from Feeding Five just made these Cinnamon Rolls and when I saw them I knew I had to make them too.  She said they were "better than she had hoped for."  I'm going to go on to say that they are the best I've ever made.

The recipe can be found HERE, but after I was done with it, it wasn't the same recipe.  For starters I added four cups of whole wheat flour and two cups of white.  Even with all of the whole wheat they still turned out flaky, buttery and fluffy.  I cut down on the sugar and butter but not by too much.

Here my kids are giddy over sugar and cantaloupe for breakfast.  Did I say sugar?  I'm going to ignore that because of all the whole wheat they're eating too.  Doesn't that cancel out the sugar?....somehow?

Now, take note that once you make these you too can not only have cinnamon rolls but cinnamon roll mustaches too.  This is a very dynamic recipe....for sure.  :)

Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Yeah, whole wheat definitely cancels out sugar, no worries! They look like they're enjoying them though, can't wait to try out the recipe myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic treat you made your children! I am sure they were over the moon. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love cin rolls. The little hooligans seem most pleased with your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would be all over this! Has a special fondness for Cinnabon...although I'm sure these are 100 X better!

    Your kids are adorable.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your rolls turned out beautiful! Making cinnamon rolls just screams 'Mom' to me. All kids deserve homemade,fresh and warm from the oven cinnamon rolls from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- I am going to have to make some. My kids love cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:03 PM

    This is funny! I am addicted to these blogs and the other day I just happened to open Marie's blog and low and behold there was this cinnamon roll recipe. I wrote the recipe down, along with the Cranberry Cake and the White Chocolate Caramel Corn. Uh-oh....I think that Marie's recipes could be trouble for me. I can't make the cinnamon rolls until I have somewhere to take them. I see 5 lbs on the hips if I eat those.

    Of course the whole wheat flour cancels out the sugar!!! I agree with Marie, all children deserve homemade, fresh, warm from the oven cinnamon rolls from time to time. Waking up to fresh, warm cinnamon rolls is as good as, or maybe even better than waking up to bacon. I think that for Gwyneth this might be debatable. Or, maybe not?????

    Luv you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:03 PM

    P.S. I forgot to mention, pumpkin is a vegetable isn't it? The recipe that I wrote down had pumpkin in it. THESE ARE HEALTHY CINNAMON ROLLS!!!!! Whole wheat flour and pumpkin, must be health food.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving it! I always try to sub in some whole wheat flour where I can, but sometimes the results end up all over the place. It's so good to know that in this recipe, it definitely works.

    I think that being able to provide your children with lovely, homemade, warm memories like cinnamon rolls is SUCH a special thing. And obviously they loved it!

    -Kat

    p.s. Thanks for the curler-tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the cinnamon roles were really good mom, thanks. love,Gwyneth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwyneth, my sweet girl. I'm glad you enjoyed them-they were so good. And I love you so much too. Love, love, love,

      Mommy

      Delete
  11. Yum - I think I´d love these, they look delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE LOVE CINNAMON ROLLS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm hungry and i'm coming over for brekkie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These would be perfect with a morning cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am SUCH a sucker for cinnamon rolls. It's a weakness. Love your blog! Your family is beautiful. Newest reader!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for visiting. And for your sweet comment. Take care,

    SHauna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! Cinnamon mustaches....YUMMMMMY!

    ReplyDelete