Friday, December 02, 2011

What/Who I Love Most Today is Kerri, my Sister in Law....


Kerri is my sister in law and a dear friend, so close to my heart.  Kerri is awesome.  She is funny, good at what seems, everything, a loving wife, a happy, fun, and attentive mom and a great friend to have.  She is genuine and did I mention fun?

What I admire most about Kerri is her generosity.  She is so kind and thoughtful.  And there is one more thing.....her knowledge about "technical things."  I'll go into that later.

Kerri has done so much for me out of the kindness of her heart.  We have great memories together.  Let's see... she has taken care of my kids for a week at her house while I finished my degree, and then brings them back here only to stay another week at my house to continue watching them so I could go to classes.  Thank goodness this was all in the summer time or she would have been homeschooling them too.  :)  She also does secret kind acts of service like buying things I admire, only to leave them somewhere to find after she's gone home.

She plays with my children, she loves them like their her own (almost her own).  I'm serious.  She's so neat that way.  She just jumps right in.  If one of the kids is potty training she takes them to the potty, if their hurt she kisses, hugs and bandages them, if necessary.  If they want to wrestle, she wrestles.  The kids love Aunt Kerri.  This is what they had to say about her....

The Question of the day was "What is your favorite thing about Kerri"..............

Georgia:  "My favorite thing about Kerri is her hugs".......this was my favorite response, so cute!!!
Reece:  "My favorite thing about Kerri is that she plays with us."
Gwyneth:  "My favorite thing about Kerri is that she is so fun."
(Are you seeing a pattern?)
Kalen: "My favorite thing about Kerri is that she always knows what to do." I asked him if he could elaborate on this, and he said, "well, she's always really on top of it."  Not a bad compliment to be paid...I'd like to think I'm really on top of things too.  Well done, Kerri, you've really impressed my eleven year old son.

Kraig (Second to youngest brother): "My favorite thing about Kerri is her caring and nurturing way she has about her." He went on to explain, "that's why she's such a good EMT."  Before staying home with Kaitlyn, Kerri worked on an ambulance as an EMT.  She said she knew she would do something in the medical field because she would read big first aid manuals like they were novels, she found them fascinating

Kirk (youngest brother):  My favorite thing about Kerri is that she is my favorite sister.  It's true.  They share a special bond, and it shows, it's very sweet.  

Sean (her husband):  "What I love most about Kerri is her passion for life."

Kaitlyn (her daughter) "What I love most about my mom is that she helps me."  She helps me too Kaitlyn, your mom is the best!  Here are some fun and touching pictures of Kerri and family.....we love you!



This is Kerri and I at Thanksgiving dinner.  My mom, Judy, hosted it that year.

Kerri announced that she was pregnant at one of our Tahoe vacations.   I remember them wanting us to stand side by side to see our "bellies."  Uh, I'm the only one with a belly as she was not showing yet.  I was pregnant with Reece.

Kerri didn't get to stay pregnant for long.  Bless her heart.  Kaitlyn came early at 24 weeks.  This is incredibly early.  To put it in perspective Kaitlyn was due Valentines Day of 2005.  She came on Halloween in 2004.  Their daughter's life was so fragile.   I can't imagine what they went through emotionally, the exhaustion of worry, trying to keep faithful.  Both Sean and Kerri are a great team.  I'm sure having each other was key to going through a trial of this magnitude.  

I love this picture because she is a miracle and it's miraculous that she is living today.  This picture is close to when she got to leave the hospital.  She's looking so chubberish and healthy here.

I love this picture.  Kerri is going to take her daughter home soon, after having to visit her in the hospital for four months.

She looks so little but she's big compared to when she was born.  I think she weighed just over a pound.

Here is Sean, Kerri and Kaitlyn ready to be a family outside of the hospital.

She's so cute.

Here she is with Kaitlyn at the pool in Tahoe having fun with her daughter, which is something she does well.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Kaitlyn  She's turned into a doll.  Her mom and dad might be in just a little bit of trouble.....

Can you believe her?  Kerri, that is.  Kirk has his arm around her off to the left.  All of these ninja looking boys and girl are going to race "high speed" go carts.  This is why half of my kids said she is fun; the proof is in the pudding and the pudding is right there for you to see-a bunch of ninja's ready to race cars!  Hahahahaha   This might be a good place to talk about her technical "saviness" too.

When I here words like Ethernet, Motherboards, Applications, TCPIP, Upload, Download, Hard Drive, Gigibite, Wireless and Network Attach Storage,  my eyes glaze over.   But not Kerri's.  Not only is she fluent in this "Technology Language," she seems to enjoy talking about.  As a matter of fact, sometimes I hear my husband, the engineer, asking her questions about technology.  I don't know how she knows all of this stuff but it's pretty darn impressive.  Boring but impressive.  :)

They are Padre's fans from San Diego.

This is when Kalen and Reece took a trip to Kerri and Sean's house, just them two boys, and stayed for a few days.  It's a bit of a conflict of interest because my mom is trying to bring them up as Dodger Fans but, they had fun.  I think the Padres were playing the Dodgers here.....
Reece and Kerri...


Here is Kerri ever helping me again.  This is the night that we busted out all of the Christmas Stockings.  She's a great friend.

Kerri is a genuine spirit.  Easy going, happy, fun, fun, fun, dedicated and great are all ways I would describe Kerri.


These are some great pictures Kirk got while shooting for Kerri and Sean's xmas pictures.

 Happy Birthday Kerri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never mind that you're not going to get this until tomorrow when it won't be your birthday.  I actually planned it this way so that you feel like your birthday just doesn't end.   :)  We love you-you're the best.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:59 AM

    All of those things said above about Keri "ditto", but what I love about Keri is two things...
    First I love her smile, it just seems to light up the room.
    Second - I love how she welcomes me into the family. She always makes me feel like part of the gang. I love that.
    I did not know it was her birthday.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERI
    Love,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Oh yes, in that picture the Padres are playing the Dodgers. I wanted to take the girls to a baseball game but the Dodgers were in San Diego.

    Oh by the way, THE DODGERS WON THAT GAME! HAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Keri! I had fun getting to know Keri this summer and she is very sincere, genuine, helpful and fun. So she's a present fairy. Envy!

    (not sure if you're in on this word, it's what Emry said when her friend, an only child, had seriously a gazillion awesome things. Emry gets in the car and under her breath to herself says "Envy", Jeannette and I were cracking up and now when we're jealous of someone we say it just like she did. I know we're complete nerds)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, are you writing my eulogy? I only turned 41. haha. This is my favorite post, yet. hehe.

    Ok, I’m mad at you. You got me out of the habit, cold turkey I must say, of checking your post every morning, only bust out a post about me that I didn’t get till 2 days later. Which I only stumble upon accidentally looking at a site I hadn’t looked at in a couple of days so it wouldn’t be in the recent web browsing memory because I’m having trouble with my wireless router holding a DNS connection & after reconfiguring the TCP/IP & the IPv4 Config to auto {{{SNORE}}}. Oh, sorry, did you fall asleep on me? I guess it’s all the tech talk you love. HAHAHAHAHA .

    I still think the funnest thing ever was when Kirk & I were deep in a discussion about something computery not working, and as you were walking up stair you bust out a computer term than I didn’t even know you had ever herd of, followed by “Oh, I fixed that myself.” The look Kirk & I shot you ... “WAIT!!! WHAT?!?!? I wish someone had gotten that on film. So hilarious! That is why I love you, too, but, not the only reason, of course.

    Thank you for the birthday present of the most kind undeserving word & sentiments from my sister from another mother. (I guess that phrase only works with “brother”) What sister terms rhymes with uterus? lol You get the point. You are my sister & I love you. Every time I leave your house, I’m the one saying “Envy” at what a great person you are.

    Judy - Thank you for the sweet words. 

    Again, Love you,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete