Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lentil Soup for Gwyneth

My daughter Gwyneth loooves Lentil Soup.  So much that she will ask to have it for breakfast, which I often would say "no" to.  But, then I thought, "why would I say no?"  It's one of the healthiest foods I can think of so have at for breakfast all you'd like", I told her.  I"ve been meaning to find a good, easy recipe to pass on to her so she can make it herself.  This is it.

This recipe is found HERE, on another food blog.  We all thought it very delicious accept for a few and I won't name names but I will say they are naughty.  Yes, naughty for having to force down lentil soup, come on kids!, (actually it was just one kid, but still...)

It takes lots of carrots.

Gwyneth is peeling the carrots, eager to learn the recipe.


I think this is one of the ingredients that made this soup special.

Like I said, lots of carrots.

Starts out like any "ol" soup, a little Olive Oil, onions and carrots.

It's vegetarian, although this picture looks like it has meat in it, it doesn't.

If you don't have an immersion blender, hurry there are still two days before Christmas!!!!!!  It almost looks like chili down there.

This is just Garlic Sourdough bread, so good with any soup really.

Most of the soup was eaten up, but not that naughty little bowl to the bottom right there....you know who you are.  It's really good and unique in taste.  I loved it and Gwyneth did too, which is really the most important since she is the one making it now. (I don't know why the print is like this?)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, healthy, and perfect for a cozy night shortly before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another night, another pot of soup. I agree the fire roasted tomatoes are delicious. Soup is a great breakfast. Emry used to eat avocados all the time for breakfast, I thought it was great. But as you know these days she is a fruitarian in the morning :D MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I used to make lentil soup all the time...but had forgotten all about it until reading your post. Carrot soup is another simple classic I really enjoy (maybe it's all the butter...)

    ReplyDelete