Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pets



When Kirk and I were first married we knew we would never have pets.  We don't care for them, so why would we have them?  Well, we had kids and wouldn't you know it, a few of them just happen to love animals.  It's funny how certain people are just drawn to animals, and animals are drawn to them.


  These are regularly read books in our house.  We have read out of this animal encyclopedia so many times that our son Reece knows the continents that most types of bears live on and the migratory patterns of certain birds.  (I'm exaggerating....but not totally).    Billy and Blaze are his absolute favorite books in the world.   This dog book comes in at a close second or third if you count the animal encyclopedia in there.  Reece is pretty sure he's not getting a horse.....but a dog, well he continues to ask about three times a week.


This brings me to the dog below.  Her name is Snooki and she lives two doors down from us.  Her owner is a four year old girl named Marissa.  She and Georgia have become fast friends, this dog has also become a fast friend to us, as you can see she is on Georgia's bed.

Snooki is in our home a lot.  I find myself taking her out to do her "business."  I play with her as do the children.  I am becoming very protective of her.  The other day, after being man handled by the children for hours she jumped up on the couch next to me while I was nursing Summer, and fell right to sleep.  I then lectured the children about how they were not to wake up that dog.  I kept saying, "she needs her sleep, you guys are always handling her!"  

So I am beginning to wonder......should I ask for joint custody of this dog?  I am beginning to love her.  She is so cute and she loves me too.  I tell the kids it's because she knows I am a mother, so she feels comfortable with me.  



So after all, we might be getting a pet.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I like it. So how do I get out of having a pet, but not paying for it, but getting all the other benefits. Sign me up for that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you are right! That dog is over everyday, they walk her and get to love her (to death I'm afraid sometimes) and then she goes home. It's been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That chiuaua is soooooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above comment is Emry. Seriously though that dog is PRECIOUS!!! Just kidnap her and when they ask for her back tell them you have no idea what they are talking about. Chihuahua's do make great pets. And yes they always know who the mom of the house is. Dogs are so loyal, I can't wait for when it does happen for your family. It has to be a good fit though for sure.

    ReplyDelete