Monday, October 10, 2011

The Ancients!!!!!


Since Reece is officially in second grade now I am teaching him Ancient History.  I decided to have Gwyneth come back to it, so I teach them together and we have so much fun!!!!!!!!!


One aspect about Home School I love is that all of the children join in when we sit at the table to do certain projects.  It's so cute to see Shane "learning."  Georgia loves it too, she always sits at the table when we do Geographical Science and she draws the continent, "labels" the oceans and the major countries on it.  Sometimes she's the only one that will show her "work" to her dad when he comes home.



Gwyneth is helping Reece write his name in Cuneiform, which is essentially Egyptian Hieroglyphs.



My poor table.  Oh well, I'm glad my home looks lived in and used by the children because that's what it's there for, right?  Well, at least while they're living here.  We can always clean up and we (Kalen and I) always do.  :)





The finished product.  Gwyneth and Reece painted their names in Hieroglyph form.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. So cute and educational, what an awesome mom and teacher you are. I notice your pics are bigger, did you do it yourself? I had to go to my blog master Teresa a few weeks ago to get her to change my html, although I am getting a little savvier about some aspects of it. A work in progress. But I like the bigger pics. I was dying for months wanting mine bigger and it was just a matter of pinning her down and forcing her to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna bonanna! What a beautiful family you have! You are amazing to home school your children. Looks like you are doing a great job!
    I love your profile picture...the kids on the beach in the foreground and you and Kirk and the sunset in the background. Beautiful.
    I'm glad you found my blog and I'm SO glad you have a blog, I'm going to get caught up on your life and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky! Thanks for your comments. It's so nice to hear from you! We will continue to communicate by blog...:) I'm glad you are doing well, your family is precious. Take care, Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, I think we create our blogs in a different way. My pictures up load to a program called Picassa. When I want to blog I bring this program up and I am able to put pictures in the order I want them. Next, Picassa has an actual blog setting, so once I have my pictures in order there is a tab that says "blog this," I click it and the pictures are blogged. So I tell you this because to make my pictures bigger I just click on the picture itself and a selection of sizes (small, med, large and x-l) pops up and I select the size and it will conform. I started making them bigger because I liked yours. I like the bigger size a lot. In Picassa this size I have chosen is extra large. Love you, Take care, Shauna

    ReplyDelete