Happy Easter! We had a wonderful day starting with excited children jumping into our bed telling us where the bunny hid their baskets. We got ready for church and were making good time...that is until Summer's new Easter dress went up and missing. We searched the house high and low for her dress. Finally, her dad found it stuffed back into her pajama drawer. Go figure. I looked in there twice. :) After church, we took the kids to the park to get some pictures. Seven kids, a camera and a baby that needs a nap is a tough recipe. Here were the best group pictures.
I'll take what I can get. Summer has chocolate in her hands, she took off her cute shoes, Shane insisted on wearing his crocks and Will, well, he's tired. I've learned to roll with the punches. :)
I teach the 7/8 year old Sunday School class at church. They are getting baptized this year and I love being their teacher. I gave the Easter lesson today and it was filled with the spirit.
What stood out to me most in my lesson was the difference in reaction with regard to seeing the angel at Christ's tomb between the guards and Mary. For Family Home Evening tonight I went back over the Easter lesson with my family and had the younger kids place in order, the events of the Resurrection.
Georgia pointed out that the guards, upon seeing the angel fell to the earth in fright because they had not been taught and weren't prepared. But, Mary had been taught, she knew Jesus and Heavenly Father, she was prepared, and so her faith was great. So to see an angel was not frightening to her.
I feel one of my biggest blessings is the knowledge my children have of their Savior. They are thoughtful about their faith and their religion and it never ceases to amaze me.
For FHE we also showed our family the Easter video found on www.lds.org.
Christ is our Savior. He died for us. He somehow bares all of our burdens and each one of us may progress, be happy, and be forgiven through him.
I love the Savior. I haven't always known him. But he's always known me and for this I am eternally grateful. Easter is a miracle because Christ showed us that each one of us may live again. We may live with Him again and we may live with our blessed families. 
Families are Forever. Christ is the Savior of this world, and happiness, while not without it's burdens, is always within reach...through Christ, our Savior.
Happy Easter.
Happy Easter! Great photos! Yes, wrangling children for photos is a true talent and one has to roll with the punches. Sadly I didn't get any of all my kids this year because we have had some super virus and half the family was sick. Lots of laundry here at my house at the moment. It is been hitting the kids one by one every two days and when you think they are better it starts all over again. We had to make a trip to the ER with Roman because the poor kid can't stop throwing up. He hasn't eaten in a week. So sad when dinner rolled around and he wanted ham he said he would take his chances. Poor kid. YOu look lovely!
ReplyDeleteThese are just some of the most beautiful pictures you have posted of your family. It is amazing how big everyone is getting, and yep with 7 sometimes they will be shoeless with chocolate in their hands :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a wonderful day and some beautiful weather.
Beautiful pictures, beautiful post! Happy Easter to all of you!
ReplyDeleteyou guys look so great! I love all your dresses!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! Beautiful family. :) I'm sure you are a fantastic primary teacher. Glad you had a good Easter!
ReplyDeleteeven so, you got BEAUTIFUL pics of your beautiful children! you have such a beautiful family, shauna! what a blessing from the Lord!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics.
ReplyDeletemay I say yu look like the elde sis amd nothing close to their momma.
xoxo
That last picture makes my heart melt! Such a beautiful family :)
ReplyDeletexo TJ
http://www.hislittlelady.com
Beautiful pictures. I love them all, Happy Easter & Spring!!!!
ReplyDeleteAll of your pictures of your family are frame worthy....I wouldn't have any spaces on my wall. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteShauna, I just adored this post 11/10. The family snaps are just lovely and cannot get enough of the tender realism with which you share your family's stories. Georgia is quite sage about the issue of angels - I had not considered it from that angle before, but I can only imagine the difference in their demeanor and bearing around the angel from that of Mary's. I am sure it would have been quite a shock.
ReplyDeleteXOXO