Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Visions of Christmas

This year was a very Merry California Christmas for sure.  It was 66 degrees!!!  But first, to keep tradition we spent Christmas Eve with my dad and his girlfriend at their beach house in Santa Cruz.
 
While my dad was cooking a Turkey dinner we took a walk down to the beach.  This is what it looked like...yes like Summer time.  It's a double edged sword for us Californians.  I personally would like a little bit of, "baby it's cold outside....," but I"m not going to complain too much because apparently the weather, in most other parts of the US, has been miserable. 
 
A sweet sugar plum on our walk.  Her name is Summer.  Maybe her name brings the good weather???
 
 
Boys...
 



Girls...so precious.

Dinner is done, Christmas poppers have been popped and it's off to open presents. 
 
That's a lot of kids for Pete's Sake...
 
My dad got me this hat and these darling pink leather gloves with the bows.  Oh yes, I will wear them.  If only out to do my Costco shopping, so be it. 
 
The beloved pocket knife he's been coveting for months brought to him by his Grandpa Rick.  :)
 
I caught her in my dad's room trying on some jewelry they gave her.
 
Alright....It's Christmas Day at our own home!!!!  And this year was the first year that we woke up as a family all by ourselves.  I loved it.  No pressure, just my lovely husband and sweet kids.  Kirk's parents came over a little later in the morning. 
 


Summer's Grandma and Grandpa got her this baby "Frozen" doll for her and she took one look at her and said, "I hate this."  I was embarrassed.  And what's worse is she kept saying it and she walked it over to Grandma and told her to take it home.  I'm not sure what it was but she did not like the doll at first sight.

Soon after this episode she opened the little crib for her babies that Santa brought.  She tucked her baby "Frozen" doll right into bed, so I guess the bed saved the day???
William opening his first present...chubby cars.  So cute. 
A few months ago Gwyneth requested used jeans from ward members in our church.  And they delivered.  She has been sewing these jean bags as gifts for her sisters and friends for about two months.  Reece got night vision goggles and a hot wheels track to match his four year old brother, ya know so they can play together. 
 
Gwyneth being funny.  She's an ultimate swimmer.  Her dad got her this rad swim cap, and those fins she's wearing.  The fins are required for her practices on the team she swims for.  She added the liquid beauty mask and chubby bath toys on her knee for "affect."  It's a water theme/thing.  :)  :)  :) 
 
The awesome castle Shane got for Christmas that is taller than him.  As a side note Kirk does most of our Christmas shopping and most of it is used or thrifted like this castle.  It's like a wooden Melissa and Doug castle and it was fifteen bucks.  He loves it.  He's got the imagination for it.  He plays with this kind of stuff all day long.
 
 
I have four sons and I can testify that hot wheel cars and tracks never get old and they never get too old for them.  Seriously.  :)
 

The crafter.

And the grand finale!  The under the stairs kitchen remodel that Santa did.  My favorite part is the hanging fruit basket.  I had a vision to do this and came to life!!!  I love it.  It's one of those things where I could play in that kitchen all day with my kids, it's so darn charming under the stairs now!!!   They all love it.  Sshhhh...don't tell Kalen but I caught him in there a few times today.  

At one point we heard Gwyneth and Reece playing in the kitchen.  We heard Gwyneth say, "Reece, if you want to make your brownies then I have to clean up my mess first."  And then we heard Reece say, "No, I just want to make mine right now...if you want to clean up, go clean the real kitchen."  Hahahhahahahaha.  We were dying.  




  While we love the tradition of opening presents and recieving we also remember that the true meaning of Christmas is about the Savior and his life so that we might also live again.  And we know that presents or not, Christmas will always come.   We are grateful for our lives and we love the Savior.  Merry Christmas.  Love,

The Klippels
xoxoxox





Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. Your posts bring me great cheer. I adore all of the family photos. I hope your Christmas was as special as you are. Btw, I love the gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog brightens my day. Happy New Year. Bruce, Peter and Whitney, and Matt, made a quick trip to SF or the last regular season 49er game at Candlestick. I stayed home. I worried about them the whole time but the roads were clear and I didn't have to. With weather like yours we often wonder why we left the bay area. maybe because now we have a home of our own. Miss you. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. merry Christmas! the girls got haircuts! cute. and love the under the stairs kitchen and the babydoll story. hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Shauna! It looks like you guys had such a wonderful Christmas! I love your new gloves and hat. You are definitely going to be the cutest lady in Costco ;) Your dad's beach home always seems so lovely. I have only spent a few times in Santa Cruise, but every time I love it. It has such a wonderful community feel to it. How fun that you guys get to visit so often! Mike and I did out first Christmas (just the two of us). I missed my family but it is nice to have the holiday with him. I hope you guys have a wonderful New Years!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful, magical Christmas. This is what having a big family is all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "playhouse" under the stairs what a clever way to use that space. Summer looks so cute with her haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images of a fab Xmas. Happy Happy New Year dearest Shauna and family. iI hope 2014 brings you everything you wish for and much more. I have been lucky to have 'met' you, and wish that one day we will meet for real. All my love,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a wonderful time to celebrate with the family! it looks like such a wonderful Christmas celebration and loving your new 'stuff':) The hair cuts are darling. Your kids are just so fun living:) Looks like a joyful happy Holiday!
    ps... I love how darling your pics are! Is it weird that I love your favicon? I do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVEEED reading this post. a very belated merry christmas to you and your precious family, shauna! they really are all so beautiful. reading the sweet times you all have makes me want to have more babies haha! but anyway, i hope you wear your cute new leather gloves as many chances as you get (ALL the costco runs and more!), and i love the under the stairs kitchen so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post. So many of these photos are such gems. Your new gloves are darling. The photos with the Christmas tree in the background are so perfect. But more than anything I love the candid one of Georgia trying on jewelry. It melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. O what fun! I absolutely love the picture of your daughter trying on her jewelry, what a precious moment. Castles and wheels were popular around here this christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. where did those babies go? i swear they've all grown up in a flash! loved seeing your christmas and reading their goals for 2014! thank you so much for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete