Monday, December 16, 2013

Kraig and Angela!

Kraig is my brother in law that lived with us for basically what has been our entire married life.  Up until a year ago we were one big happy family when he up and moved to North Carolina for a job. Which was great timing.  We just had our seventh baby and really needed the space.  And Kraig really needed to move on to feel some autonomy.

Well, he did great on his own because low and behold he got himself a girl, and not just any girl.  A great girl who really loves him and isn't afraid to show it.  We all got a call about a week and a half ago from Kraig.  He surprised us and told us he'd be coming out here to get married in the Oakland Temple.  His words were, "we don't want a lot of fuss, just a simple wedding."

Unfortunately, his sweet mom, Lesly, was laid up in the hospital and wasn't sure if she would make it to the wedding, let alone plan it.  So, last week I planned a wedding.  And it went off without a hitch.  We all had such a great time.
 
The best thing about the whole weekend was seeing Kraig and Angela loving each other.  It has been so wonderful to see Kraig in love.  It's a side of him that nobody has seen before.

Angela's beautiful dress below.
\ 
 
All my daughters had a moment with her wedding shoes.  They were like something straight out of Cinderella. So pretty.
 
 
 
 
Aaaaaand, they're married.  Amazing.  We all love Kraig so much and we are beyond happy that he has found Angela, the darling that she is.
 
She calls herself a "Military Brat," born in Puerto Rico, but raised in the South.  If I'm not mistaken her dad was with the US Coast Guard.  Oh yes, she says "Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  It's so awesome.  Upon meeting her she was lovely, gentle, heart felt, happy, and friendly.  And she loves kids.  Thank goodness or we might have had a problem.  :)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These four pictures are so great.  All of the girls remain virtually the same, except Georgia, who is posing away.  She was in heaven, as were all of the other precious girls.
 
BOMBED!
 
 


They got a picture with their own photographer. :)  

I have the best of friends.  I had to get to sets of people to watch my three littlest kids during the day and into the evening, as they could not be at the Temple or dinner.  I had a young woman in the morning and afternoon and our dear friends, Kat and Sergey took the second shift from later afternoon into the evening.  

While they were with our little kids, our other great friends, the Macdonalds came and decorated our house for the reception!!!  And Rachel Macdonald made the cakes!!!!  One of the cakes was homemade Carrot Cake, which got raved about.  The other was chocolate.  Also, very good.

I have amazing friends.  Thanks to all of you.  It all went so well because of your help! I couldn't have done it without you.  





This post is dedicated to Kraig and Angela.  We love you both dearly.  We are so happy you found each other and we were so grateful to have been able to celebrate this great occasion with you.  May your days together be filled with lots of laughter, and fun but also filled with the guidance of the spirit, along with faith and prayer, as you grow together.  Love Always,

Shauna and Kirk
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. That is so crazy!! What a beautiful dress and what a special day. Rachel did an amazing job on the cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh so happy for them both! She is so little, how fun for you all to have a new sister-in-law. I love that last pic of just the two of them, they look so happy to have each other. What a whirlwind of a week, great photos and great job on everything! Are those the same pics from IG, didn't you make the cakes, or was that for something else? Anyway they look great and I am just beyond happy for the newlyweds.

    On a totally separate note, have you taken your kids to see Frozen? We all went on Saturday morning (when it's the cheapest) and loved it so much. The music is amazing. Everyday we youtube the songs and I seriously get chills. Idina Menzel (who was the original Elfaba in Wicked) plays one of the main characters and there is so much singing throughout the entire movie. Anyway, thought I'd let you know it's a good one. All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you planned a wedding in a week!?!?!?!? You're super woman!!! :-) Looks like everyone is so happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aughhhh!! I saw a few pics a few days ago on FB and was so surprised and excited for Kraig. and was hoping and waiting for a post from you with more details. wow! and I can't believe everything you planned and did. it looked beautiful. what a fun surprise for your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your kids sure miss having him around as much. How fun to have a live-in uncle for them! Congrats to his for finding his soulmate. Funny how God just works things out sometime. I loved reading about their story. I wish them nothing but happiness and love! You and your girls looked so beautiful (like always).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a beautiful job! I think this is how every wedding should be celebrated! I wish mine had been more simple/cozy. It was so stressful. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    Guess what? We are going to China! Got approval! We leave on the 1st of Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the girls look adorable! And I love her dress! Many congratulations to the happy couple!!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Shauna, that looks like such an amazing day, and so many lovely smiles. I adore the pictures of all the girls posing, such a gorgeous bunch. I do love Weddings. Such a blessed occasion. Well done you for organizing, it all looked amazing. Have a great day sweets, Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angela and I have been dear friends for over twenty years. i'm so happy for get and her new hubby. She is a jewel and seems to have found the perfect family and husband.much love Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a good love story. Looks like it was such a special day. Her dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! There is nothing better than seeing those you love, in love. Those pictures of your girls with the shoes though.. a sweet glimpse into your future! Beautiful job Shauna, your family is lucky to have you planning and documenting these moments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister in love is AMAZING! Thank you Shauna for making our day so enchanting and magical. It was perfectly lovely, simple and full of family..just what we both wanted. Kraig & I love you very much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww that is just lovely! Congrats to them! Looks like you've done a great job of making it very very special, and the pictures are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) awww thats such a great job done by you.
    I messaged you (text) my number. It would have been great to talk.
    I realize you were tied up, well there is always a next time!
    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete