Gwyneth has been on my mind lately. The sweet and genius of a girl that she is, has me ever grateful for the person that she is and the person that she aspires to be. We just held our "meetings" with each of our older children where they get to be with just mom and dad in the evening with their favorite treat. You can imagine that the older kids really take this precious time with their mom and dad and they talk and talk and talk and talk........during this particular meeting Gwyneth wanted to revisit her goals from the beginning of the year. Turns out she is doing great. She is half way through the Book of Mormon, she's learning church hymns on the piano, she's exercising and she's focusing. Yes, focusing. She's made a real effort to keep organized this year with her school work and to manage her time well. Focusing on one task and getting it done is not necessarily her strong suit. Hence the reading of five and six novels at a time. But, the last six months she has really done a great job at prioritizing. I'm so happy for Gwyneth. I'm happy for her because so often she takes our advice as her parents and she tries really hard.
I wonder sometimes how Gwyneth is my daughter. She looks so much like her dad it's amazing. We often joke that Kirk didn't even need me to have her, she's all him. What I love and admire most about Gwyneth is her positive attitude, the love she has for her Savior, her effort to make weaknesses into strengths and her intelligence.
I am enjoying Gwyneth so much. The other night we had a loooooong talk. I happened to see her in her room just sort of sitting quietly. I asked if she wanted to talk and she told me all about her thoughts and she has many. Thoughts about the person she wants to be, her aspirations in this life and who she is inspired by. She told me she wants to be bold and creative. I love it! I love you Gwyneth and I can't wait to see what life has in store for you, and to see what you do with what's in store for you....that is going to be the best part.
Love You Forever. Mom-
(Gwyneth and Mom at our "meeting" May 2013)
I wonder sometimes how Gwyneth is my daughter. She looks so much like her dad it's amazing. We often joke that Kirk didn't even need me to have her, she's all him. What I love and admire most about Gwyneth is her positive attitude, the love she has for her Savior, her effort to make weaknesses into strengths and her intelligence.
I am enjoying Gwyneth so much. The other night we had a loooooong talk. I happened to see her in her room just sort of sitting quietly. I asked if she wanted to talk and she told me all about her thoughts and she has many. Thoughts about the person she wants to be, her aspirations in this life and who she is inspired by. She told me she wants to be bold and creative. I love it! I love you Gwyneth and I can't wait to see what life has in store for you, and to see what you do with what's in store for you....that is going to be the best part.
Love You Forever. Mom-
(Gwyneth and Mom at our "meeting" May 2013)

I love that you spend time with your children one at a time! How important it is to them to have this time!! She seems to be growing up into a darling girl with a beautiful spirit... And that shows that you are doing a lot of things right in raising her:)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great reminder that those years can be a fun time- I just told my husband last night that her age (and older) is the scariest to me when we one day have children... they have so many tmeptations and struggles that God will have to help me with in guiding them!
What a wonderful memory these times together are going to be! Thank-you for sharing this!!
Love that you have these meetings. Such a wonderful idea. I seriously admire you what you do to raise your children. :)
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful and so are you! What a great mother you are!
ReplyDeleteDear Shauna, you guys are blessed to have each other - you have an amazing daughter, with dreams and aspirations, and she has amazing loving parents like the 2 of you. I too have one on ones with the girls, sometimes a day where we do girlie stuff and chat. So important for them to have special times too, even though they love their siblings.
ReplyDeleteYou guys look so beautiful too, much love and happy Sunday,
Axx
PS: Shauna I can't find you email, wanted to write to you - here is mine anyaadores@gmail.com xxx
Sounds like your both lucky to have eachother. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou are so inspiring, every time you mention your meetings I think, I need to do this, more formal, not just random talking with the kids. Gwyneth is truly wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLoved reading this about your daughter. You sound like such an incredible mother, Shauna. I have always wanted to do "special time" when I have kids. I think spending time with your individual children can make they feel so special. Your daughter is just as beautiful as her mother!
ReplyDeleteYou are both such amazing parents! My dad would hold monthly meetings with each of us kids, too, but it's nice to have one on one time with mom as well! Gwyneth is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteShe comes across as warm as you.
ReplyDeleteLots of love