On June 12th, 1999 Kirk and I were married in the Oakland Temple for "All Time and Eternity." I remember seeing him for the first time.....
I loved him right then and there. At first we were friends. But we were always in love, from the first moment, at least I was.... :)
And finally we were married. And now it's been fourteen years. What? In the first picture we are kids. In the second picture we are clearly not kids, but adults, yet we still feel like the first picture...ha!! Well, "us kids" had our first little baby just over a year later. And we went on to have seven of those babies altogether.
As I think about our marriage and what our experiences have been I am brought back to how grateful I am for our Temple Marriage, the precious Gospel of Jesus Christ, a close supportive family connection and the influence of wonderful friends, who also love and support us.

I wasn't raised in the LDS church. To be honest, I never gave marriage or children much thought at all. I mostly thought about college and the career I would have. So often I am incredibly thankful that this turned out to be my life. As it turns out I am a pretty good wife and a pretty good mom.
This is the life that I love. Kirk is my Eternal companion. I still get excited when he walks through the door after work, I will always love to see him with his kids and he will always be the love of my life and the person who taught me the most about integrity, about forgiveness and how to love.
Here's to fourteen years, seven kids, busy times, bills, hard work, laughing, crying, kids crying, money saved, money spent, and the list goes on....
And this list is what makes the best times ever. Happy Anniversary- to you and me. I love you forever.
Shauna xoxo

SHAUNA. WE HAVE THE SAME ANNIVERSARY. This is The Universe at work.
ReplyDeleteYour marriage and the very apparent love that you and Kirk have for one another makes me so joyful - your beautiful family is a wonderful extension of that.
Happy anniversary to you and your beloved.
So awesome! Happy Anniversary! You guys are a wonderful couple. Here's to eternity! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so precious! Happy Anniversary! :-)
ReplyDeletehappy anniversary!!! and birthday day too! I think it was a few days ago, right? this was a sweet post. love you both!
ReplyDeleteOh beautiful Shauna this makes me so happy for you! What a wonderful life to look forward to together!! All those memories in the past and future is such a huge blessing!!! You are NOT a pretty good mom and wife- you are a WONDERFUL mom and wife!! i know that and im just a blogging friend!:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on fourteen years and never let that Prince Charming of yours go!
Congratulations on 14 wonderful years and wishing you many happy more years to come!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! So happy for you. xoxo
ReplyDeleteloveekierramakayla.blogspot.com
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWell, you have not changed AT ALL apparently :) and your hubby just looks more manly. Good to know a house full of kids doesn't 'age' you. (We're awaiting #2)
So refreshing to hear someone enjoying being a wife and mom. My mom always said family and kids are the most important and fun part of life. Only now I realize she was totally right!
Congratulations to the both of you - 14 years - hope for many more to come <3
ReplyDeleteYou both look radiant and happy on both pictures, stunning in fact, and then you have all your amazing children too. Happy happy anniversary:)
Much love,
Axx
Awww you guys look soo adorable:)
ReplyDeleteI got married in 1999 too.
Shauna whats your mail id ? I wanted to reply to your sweet comments:)
xo
(slenderisingme@gmail.com)
happy anniversary:)
ReplyDeleteYou have had quite the exciting month! How blessed are you. You are just as beautiful as the day you got married. I hope you have a great night together. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! You all are a beautiful couple inside and out!
ReplyDeleteWhat to say, this is the sweetest, most genuine heartfelt ode to love. You and Kirk are such a great example of a dedicated marriage, so inspiring! Here's to many, many more wonderful years of Joy, Love, and Happiness!
ReplyDeleteI remember you!! We were in the same Single's ward in South San Jose! I had just started going when I met you and you were one of the first persons who said hi to me. You gave one of THE most memorable Testimonies in RS that I still remember to this day. (I hope this was you!!) anywho, Glad to see you two are doing well!! Beautiful family!! xoxo Tiff
ReplyDelete