We had so many beach days this summer. These are pictures from our first official trip to the beach at the start of this summer, 2013. I took our children to a beach called Sea Bright. It's in Santa Cruz, California. It's also know as the "Light House Beach." We had so much fun. We got there at 10:30am sharp. We didn't leave until 6:00pm. Since this beach trip we've been to the beach about once or twice a week. Looking back this was my favorite beach day...just me and my kids.
After we ate lunch around 1:00pm we walked about a quarter mile down the beach to visit the light house landing and the harbor.
As I was editing these pictures my heart was heavy. This has been such a wonderful summer. We've done so much. And it's coming to an end. I cannot believe it.
We will be packing up this week for our last hurrah...our annual Tahoe trip is on the horizon. And then it's back to school.
We will be packing up this week for our last hurrah...our annual Tahoe trip is on the horizon. And then it's back to school.

Mothers are pack mules. I had to carry these two babies back down to our spot on the other end of the beach. And I loved every minute of it. Holding their chubby bodies in my arms, holding them close. I love them so much. I love being their mom.
I asked each of the kids to make a message in the sand. Here they are:
Reece: I love CTR...I love choosing the right.
Shane...Shane.
Kalen...Santa Cruz!
Summer...speaks for itself.
Shauna...I love Kirk. Because what else would I write?
Gwyneth...I love the Beach.
Georgia...Georgia.
I am ever grateful for these children. They bring such joy into my life. I've never been busier, up later, up earlier, preparing more food, going to the beach, going to Happy Hollow, the Discovery Museum, local parks, reading, doing summer learning, cleaning, being with friends, and on and on. I wouldn't trade my life with anything but this. I love being with these kids. I love watching them play together. They are friends and they will have each other forever. I marvel at this. My life was nothing like theirs, they are beyond blessed.
Happy summer, 2013.








Oh Shauna, your heart and home is so full of love, life and laughter. I love it all so much, and I too felt sad by the fact that Summer is coming to an end. I drove the girls back today and now my home is empty. Thanks for this delightfully beautiful post, have happy last few weeks of Summer my sweetest friend.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Axx
I just discovered your lovely blog via your comment on Anya's blog and I'm so pleased I clicked over because this is a little place of such happiness on the Internet! You all look like you are having so much fun at the beach and it warms my heart to see such a happy family unit. I'm off to read more of your posts! Have a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteCheers from London!
Will
What a beautiful beach...what a gorgeous family. So glad you are all enjoying your summer. Have a great time in Tahoe! So envious. :) I haven't been in years.
ReplyDeleteFantastic pictures!
ReplyDeleteKiss from Italy,
Nicky
www.mywishstyle.com
Can I come live with you next summer? You guys always go on the best adventures. I love all your girls suits.. especially the flower one. You are seriously such an amazing mom. You kids are definitely blessed. I hope you have fun in Tahoe. It is such a beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteThat is the one thing I miss living in Georgia is that the beach isn't at my door step. There is something magical about the beach that the pool just doesn't offer. I can take my children to the beach and they will entertain themselves for hours where as the pool requires other people to be there to stay more than an hour. So happy your children are getting to experience that magic.
ReplyDeleteI sooo want you to take me and my kids on a day like this. It just looks so very awesome.:)
ReplyDeleteThese pics made me smile. Beautiful pictures and family. Summer fun is the best.
ReplyDeleteO you and your beautiful family makes my day. I am sure they are eternally grateful to have you as their mother!
ReplyDeleteOh Shauna the photo's speak volumes!!! How much fun your family must have. I love the blue tint to them and the bright sunshine making smiles! Those pictures of the kids just make me want to twirl on the beach with them:)
ReplyDeleteI love how serious they are about a sand pit... once boys get something into their heads- watch out!:)
I do hope your blessed summer rolls into our fall just smoothly and you can soak those moments in too I am sure! Your family defines joy!
Shauna, truly this has been such a blessed summer. I know that someday you and your children will look back on this one and it will be bathed in light and happy memories. Joy is having heaven right now.
ReplyDeleteUnrelated: I just finished Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Have you read it? I think you might love it - I finished it in two days. I could not put it down! Touching and sorrowful and redemptive all at once.
ENJOY this last month of sun before the fall comes. I know that by the time September rolls around we will be ready to greet it joyfully, but until then we live out loud.
XOXO
beautiful said! I feel like something is missing in my life now. It's really great to have so many wonderful children! Those pictures are fantastic, so many nice memories;) Thank You for sharing such a nice post!
ReplyDeleteHave a happy time!
Alexandra
www.svetusvet.com