This is Kalen through the years. He is eleven today and this is the first time I have really felt this reflection hit me. First, it seems impossible. Yep, every mom says it and I'm saying it too. I can't believe he's eleven. He has one more short year before he graduates primary, passes the sacrament, goes to boys camp and on and on. One thing I will say is that I think I have taken the advice of other's when they say, "enjoy it while it lasts." I have enjoyed it so much. Instead of thinking "where has the time gone," I think, "we have had lots of time" and we've filled it with love, happiness, family and friends. We love you Kalen, and we look forward to many more memories with you. You are growing up to be a great young man.
Kalen's first birthday.
Kalen making his own lunch, he needed the help of his tongue.
This cake was for his fourth birthday. My sister in law asked if this was made from a mold. Nope, totally homemade from scratch even the cake mix. I've since learned with these cakes I've made him through the years-just use boxed cake mixes.
The treasure chest.
This isn't the best picture of Kalen but it's one of the best of my husband. I love it!
I loved this cake, so clean cut.
It's fun to see who has come to Kalen's birthday through the years. Kalen's best friend is Joe Stepan (very left.) You'll find him at every one of Kalen's parties.
Pirate ship. This one was a little precarious.
Kalen's first day of Kindergarten. He no longer attends formal school, as we have been homeschooling now for four years. But, Almaden Country School was great while it lasted.
Kalen's getting big.
This was a fun cake to make.
Joe Stepan, Kalen, and Kent Stepan.
This is the start of the pictures from today's party we had for Kalen. Typical boys hitting each other with noodles.
This year was a first-Kalen's brothers and sisters made his cake, and wrapped his presents.
This year we had a great group of kids. Of course there is Joe next to Kalen. Joshua Delgado (left of Joe), amd from the right of Kalen is Reece Klippel, Sammy Stepan, Jeff Stepan, John and James Nichols, and Ladreal and Karm Wallwork.
The pixie sticks came out of the cake.
Kalen's brothers and sisters chipped in to get him a gift certificate to Yogurt Land-his favorite place to get dessert.
His other favorite present, an awesome remote control helicopter. We pulled it out of the box before we gave it to him and played with it-it's awesome, really fun.
We had another great pool party for Kalen. We love you Kalen!!








Happy Birthday Kalen. How fun to see all your homemade cakes throughout the years. I could learn from you. I always just want to make a cobbler and hope my kids like it. What?
ReplyDelete