Friday, October 22, 2010

Gwyneth-The north wind and the sun.

The North wind and the sun once had a quarrel about who was the stronger."I am the stronger than you."said the North Wind."I can blow down trees,and whip up waves on the sea."I am stronger than you" said the Sun. "I can make flowers open ,and turn fields of green to gold."So they argued back and forth ,day after day.The East wind and the moon became very cross with them and both suggested they have a competition to decide once and for all who was the strongest.A man with a big over coat was walking along the path."Whichever one of you can first get that man to take off his coat is the strongest;said the moon,"And then we will have no more quarrels!"(:so the North wind and the sun agreed to the competition.The North wind began.He blew and blew,the coldest bitter wind he could manage.The great over coat flapped round the mans legs as he struggled against the wind,but he only pulled the coat closer round his neck to keep out the bitter cold.Then it was the sun`s turn.She rose high in the sky and shone down on the man in the big over coat.Warmer and warmer she shone,until the man unbuttoned the coat.Still the Sun beamed down,and finally the man flung off his coat sweat pouring down his face.The sun had won!(:The North wind blew off.So when the North wind blows remember he is still very cross!

1 comment: