I ventured out with the kids the other day to the Children's Discovery Museum. I've been coming here since my oldest son was 2. So many memories at this place, it's amazing! I have been getting a family pass for years. It's always been worth it because we come about once a week in the winter time and in the summer time. It's only 10 minutes from my home.
The Wonder Cabinet is one of their favorite places inside, where they have this darling craft area with the coolest stuff for the kids to create. This time the craft was salad spinning art.
I did the heart. :) I always do the art with them because I love it. :)
Shane made a mold of his face, can you see it?
All three boys (our oldest son goes to High School). This is a cool hangout- that's a salt table with all kinds of funnels and scales and glass jars to pour and dump salt. It'll keep the best of them busy forever....
Georgia likes to make sure she sees every single exhibit. And then she likes to take me around and tell me all about each one. I think she's so great this way. I love that about her. She's very curious, creative and FULL of questions.
The older kids still like to come because they usually play tag throughout the museum, respectfully. ;) But, Gwyneth, of course, brings some books and sketch pads along with her when there is "down" time. :):)
You know that story "Angelina Ballerina?" Well, I have her living in my home, except, her name is Georgia the Gymnast. She's driving us all crazy with her cart wheels and round offs and one handed this and twirly that...we have finally signed her up for a gymnastics class. And I think I just came up with the name of my first children's book. :)
Face painting. One of the favorite activities. Except, we need to remember to do this at the beginning of the visit, not at the end when I'm trying to get home. ;)
My kids love this museum and they've all grown up going over and over again, and they still love it. It will most definitely be one of those places that brings cherished memories when I think back on my life, bringing up my sweet children.
Very cool! They are currently renovating our children's museum. I can't wait to see what they come up with!
ReplyDeleteI miss that place SO much! we don't have anything like it here. so many memories.
ReplyDelete