Monday, October 13, 2014

To the city...


Later in the summer we took yet another trip to San Francisco.  It's my favorite city and I can say that because I've been to New York.  :)  This day was one of the best days of my life.  My brother and sister in law were in town with their two girls and my husband offered for me to go to the city with just them and our oldest children.  I had the time of my life because I had no babies to hold me back, I got to enjoy my older children, to explore with them and just be.  It was a memorable day for sure.  

Audrey and Georgia are cousins and attached at the hip when they are together.  

This picturesque view of the Golden Gate is up and around the corner from the Legion of Honor.


 The Palace of Fine Arts in all of its glory.  Such a fun place to explore and enjoy gardens, architecture and peace.




But, not too much peace, not with these kids around.  :)



This lovely view is down at the Marina district.  

Lily and Gwyneth are cousins and they love each other, can you tell?  

And these two are sisters and the best of friends.  I left my heart in San Francisco that day.  I love the city so much.  My dad use to take me to the city often.  I have fond memories of driving away to go home and looking back at all of the lights in the city's night sky, while jazz played in the background.  So these days, whenever my kids and I leave the city, I make sure the jazz station is playing too as they look back at all of the bright lights and the sky line of San Francisco, in the beautiful night sky.

8 comments:

  1. Shauna. I have only been to San Francisco once, and it was for a mission trip. It certainly is a beautiful city! Confession: We were having a BBQ in Golden Gate Park and I went swimming in the bay because I feel that it is a waste to not get into the ocean when it is there. Can you imagine how dirty that water must have been?

    What cute cousins. The puppy-kitty shirt combo really cracked me up.

    Be well, friend!

    xoxoxo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Shauna your beautiful pictures make me want to visit SF - it has long been on my list of places to go. Love this post - have a great day sweets,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great memories too as a child! Can't wait to take my kids there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww. that is so sweet that you play jazz music for your kids. What a lovely memory. Looks like a grand ol' time! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, San Francisco, how I love thee. As I was looking at these amazing pics...The Journey song was playing in my head. City By The Bay.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful pictures, shauna!!! what fun you all must have had - the joy in all your smiles are contagious! i love SF too. we visit at least once a year bc some of my closest friends live in the bay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. I love your blog even though I don't comment on every post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of playing jazz as your leave SF. On our honeymoon, Bryan and I spent a couple days in SF. That night, we went to a restaurant that had live jazz music. It was perfect--one of my best SF memories.

    ReplyDelete